F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rearsets draggg

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rearsets draggg

so whenever i actually get close to dragging a knee my rear set will catch the ground and usually throw a lil wobble on me.... no bad when im exiting the turn, but not that fun at apex

and i pick up my feet and put my toes on top of my pegs already.... and honestly, as much as i was dragging them today, i doubt spending $400 on a pair of rearsets to raise it only an inch will really fix this discomfort.

any ideas? or should i just get a 1kRR?

Old 04-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Default RE: rearsets draggg

ORIGINAL: JVracer04

so whenever i actually get close to dragging a knee my rear set will catch the ground and usually throw a lil wobble on me.... no bad when im exiting the turn, but not that fun at apex

and i pick up my feet and put my toes on top of my pegs already.... and honestly, as much as i was dragging them today, i doubt spending $400 on a pair of rearsets to raise it only an inch will really fix this discomfort.
It's more likely that your body position needs improvement rather than anything with the bike. Better body position = less lean angle required. BTW, 1" in rearsets does make a huge difference.

any ideas? or should i just get a 1kRR?
How did you go from I'm dragging pegs to I need a liter bike ??????? A liter bike wouldn't fix this anyway. No mod or bike can substitute for rider skill.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Mad

I had the same problem. I removed the feelers then took some 1/8" aluminum to raise my stock rearsets up 1/2". Now I don't drag my rearsets or my toes. Only cost me $10...

Edit: As abadfish said it probably was my body position and I have been working on that but I like the new position of my rearsets.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:37 AM

the 1000rr pegs are about 2 inches higher from the ground , not to mention theyre pretty much race ready

i feel like that guy tryin to race a minivan when im on my f4i

Old 04-30-2007, 01:54 AM

Yo I got the perfect solution for you! Go to ebay and look for a guy with footpeg risers! I got them and the position on the f4i is so much better! There only 50 bucks guy ships them from canada! Just type in F4i in the search your find them! Easy to install, you wont need the gear shift extender for the bar! Just change the postion at the clamp!
The pegs are moved 1inch up and 1inch back or the oppsite for tall people looking a more comfortable ride!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 AM

https://cbrforum.com/m_155821/tm.htm

Check that out.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Mad

ORIGINAL: jjbtao
https://cbrforum.com/m_155821/tm.htm

Check that out.
Yea, that's the one I used. Great idea and write up bro!! It works like a champ. Less than $10 and you really can't notice it unless you really look.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:12 PM

i used to think if i didn't drag my pegs it wasn't a good ride. on the street, i used to ride the corners like it was motogp. i was always dragging my pegs and even sometimes my stock exhaust on my r6' until i finally lowsided the bike at 45 mph at deals and i woke up. f4i's don't have as much ground clearance as r6's so mine drag sometimes too. that much lean angle on the track is fine but trust me you'll eventually lowside on the street. i'm trying to hang off the bike more to keep the same corner speed and keep the bike more upright.the f4i definitely needs rearsets and an aftermarket exhaust if your planin on goin to the track. cheers

Old 05-01-2007, 12:43 AM

yeh i try to be really careful when i get that low , any change in the road condition could send u down quick.... ive had my close calls but usually a tad more throttle and a push and the handlebars sends it right back up

i actually almost highsided this past sunday cuz i couldnt really tell my front wheel was in the air when i was still exiting a turn, and when i shifted into 3rd it gave me a pretty good kick in the nuts since i wasnt quite on the seat yet.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo jv...check your posts mang...
f4i like racing a minivan? lifting the front exiting apex? dragging pegs before knee?
all signs of rider inadequacies and not the bike's inadequacies.
sure you can get a 1krr...but you still won't be a better rider. just faster in the straights.

Quick Reply: rearsets draggg