CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Rear LED Turn Signals (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/rear-led-turn-signals-153684/)

bluebadger 07-19-2015 01:31 PM

Rear LED Turn Signals

Hi All,
Fitted front LED turn signals a while back. Flush side mount and integrated mirror lights. Changed the relay just below screen to resolve the fast flashing, no problems and still running fine.
Today I finally got round to swapping out the rears for LED too. However these aren't working as well. When applied, they get brighter and dimmer with normal timing. But they don't fully extinguish. Rather than on and off flashing, they more fade in and out.
Can anyone help? Guess I've missed something here. Is there another relay to swap out somewhere?
Thanks in advance.

bluebadger 07-19-2015 01:33 PM

Rear LED Turn Signals

1 Attachment(s)
FrontAttachment 24998

bluebadger 07-19-2015 01:33 PM

Rear LED Turn Signals

1 Attachment(s)
RearAttachment 24999

bluebadger 07-23-2015 03:36 PM

Rear LED Turn Signals

Starting to think the relay may only support 4. But now I have 6. In the front 2 flush mount and 2 mirror signals. Now the extra 2 in the back may be pushing it over the edge, though I would have thought all of them would be affected not just the rear ones. And I really don't want to start taking off the front plastics if I can help it, just to test the theory. :(

74demon 07-23-2015 03:50 PM

Did you wire them up for running lights too, or only signals?

You may need to try the relay swap. You could always unplug your mirrors and see if the problem goes away....

Colombo 07-30-2015 02:27 PM

if you suspect that you have too many LEDs, just as mentioned above, rule it out by unplugging two of the signals leaving you with only 4 active ones.

Would you mind posting pictures of the mirrors with the LEDS, I thought about buying some when I put my bike back together after the accident but didn't.

perhaps a part number for the flasher you used? I am tired of my fast flashing signals

Incompatible 07-31-2015 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Colombo (Post 1290328)
.... perhaps a part number for the flasher you used? I am tired of my fast flashing signals

The fast flash is obnoxious, but I like it because it's more noticeable and makes you a little more visible.

Colombo 07-31-2015 10:42 AM

Yea might be more noticeable but it just look soooo cheap :(

Incompatible 08-01-2015 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Colombo (Post 1290360)
Yea might be more noticeable but it just look soooo cheap :(

We all choose our priorities.

bluebadger 08-01-2015 03:29 PM

Rear LED Turn Signals

Fast flash is meant to warn you of a fault. Normally a light out, which you might want to know so you can hand signal to others. Otherwise you risk not knowing and someone hitting you because there was no signal to be seen.