F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

rear cowl help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear cowl help

hey guys i have a 01 f4i and i just bought a new rear cowl for it but i cant get it to go on. i dont want to break it, any help or tricks would be nice. thanks

Old 07-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Default RE: rear cowl help

first you want to stick some peanut butter on it then it will slide right on. do you have an after market piece or something cause oem parts are plastics and very flexible and and you should be able to sorta flex it to get it on the subframe

Old 07-11-2007, 04:25 PM

You just have to work it a little. It is really flexible and you do not have to woory about it breaking. Just slide one side over the subframe at a time

Old 07-11-2007, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: xtremef4i

You just have to work it a little. It is really flexible and you do not have to woory about it breaking.
I don't know about that. Mine has a nice big crack right in the middle above the tail-light from someone installing it with a little too much "motivation".

I've found that if you start with the left side of the fairing and work it over the reg./rect. then work the right side over those relays, then go back and slide the left side under the sub-frame, then same for the right, then push the whole thing up towards the tank, it goes on without too much complaining. I kinda wish Honda had made that a 2-piece fairing, though. Would make things a lot easier.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Bob The Great

I've found that if you start with the left side of the fairing and work it over the reg./rect. then work the right side over those relays, then go back and slide the left side under the sub-frame, then same for the right, then push the whole thing up towards the tank, it goes on without too much complaining. I kinda wish Honda had made that a 2-piece fairing, though. Would make things a lot easier.
Right...you explained it in detail which should be apparent once he starte working with it. What I was getting at was that the peice is pretty flexible and will flex and bend over the rectifier and relays with ease and caution. As long as you are easy with is and dont go Haulkamania on it, you will be fine. I had mine on and off several timeswith no problemswhen I was test fitting my undertail