F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Rear/Back/Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear/Back/Brake Light

So I recently bought an 02 F4i without the manual so I really don't know what's up. I tried using the search feature, but honestly, being new to bikes, I don't know what to search for and have tried many searches to no avail. So I decided to just ask the question here. First off, my rear light does not light up, so during the night, I'm invisible to almost everyone and it scares the **** out of me because it's so dangerous. The guy I bought it from said it's just a little plug I need to plug back in but I can't find the plug he's talking about. Help please? Also, what do all the stuff on the gauges mean? I understand the turn signals, neutral, and hi beam, but nothing else.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear/Back/Brake Light

First off, welcome to the forum. Second, here is a link to the service manual for your bike. http://stephygee.com/

As for your guage display. There is the oil light, the FI light, the FI light comes on to let you know it works. If it blinks a different number of times, thats a code for the bike, X number means there is something wrong with it, and every time it is different is a different code. The oil light will always come on when you start up, lets you know the bulb is working.

Your taillight could have a bulb burned out, but not likely. The plug is in the trunk, or the passenger seat. The lights wiring is right under there, and if its unplugged, just plug it back in. You probably should not be riding if your taillights are not working, you will get a traffic citation for inoperable tail lights.