F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ready for any advise...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ready for any advise...

ORIGINAL: Hindra

hmm.....not really advice but i think its funny...and they prob wont expect you to think about this...

two things to do while stopped at a stop light ( providing no traffic... )

flip the kill/engine switch as the light turns green....smart ***? I know....
what really gets em though if you can is remove the key and drop it on the ground.....RIGHT by their foot....watch them try to pick it up.....they will have to get off their bike..as you take off honking your horn.

my brother and i are so cruel to each other......
my boys kept hitting my kill switch one afternoon, about 3 lights later and on a HUGGGE road probably the biggest road in the city we were at the front of the light i took his key and just chucked it hahahahahahaha

Old 04-06-2007, 09:53 PM

LOL

Old 04-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got done the msf course last weekend and Ive been riding dirtbikes and quads since I was a kid. Take that course definately and you will learn alot of new stuff that will help you.

Old 04-07-2007, 06:10 AM

yea the throttle is pretty touchy the first time i got on my bike (first time on any bike) i almost ran into the post holding up the covered parking roof but yea like someone else said the sneezing in ur helmet thing sucks too so try to avoid that lol

Old 04-07-2007, 06:47 AM

best advice ever: dont be stupid, dont be a *****, both will get you hurt, but being a stupid ***** will get you killed

Old 04-07-2007, 02:01 PM

post some pics of your new ride

Old 04-07-2007, 08:22 PM
IDL

When walking the bike and especially backing up, be wary of what your are about to step on. Rocks or other debrise can send you off balance. I almost dumped my bike that way once.

If you are riding with someone else, put yuor ego aside and don't try to keep up to him if you are the least bit uncomfortable.

Be awhare the the bike can feel quite differently when cornering at different speeds. I remember a couple times I barely stayed in my lane because I had not experienced the way my bike would corner at the speed I was going (15, 20, 30, 40 kph etc)

Oh and this one hasn't been said yet:
When you start your bike in neatral and are about to put it into first gear, remember to lift up the kick stand first cause the engine cuts out if it's down and you'll look like you just stalled your bike. Very embarassing!

Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM

oh yea and learn to wheelie asap because chicks dig it......................lol, no im just kidding, but no really learn it asap.....

i hope you know im really joking, take your time thats the best advice i can give you, dont EVER push your bike to the limits until you are completly ready to do so

Old 04-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: motonewbie

i think the most important tip is keep your head up, and LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO, IF YOU LOOK DOWN, YOU'LL WANNA GO DOWN
Kamjin, there's already a lot on this thread to absorb for a noob and hopefully you'll remember most of it and put it to good use .. but I'm quoting the above so that if you forget half the other stuff that you'll try to at least remember that one:

DO NOT TARGET FIXATE

That sounds like common sense but you wouldn't believe the number of serious accidents that could've been avoided if the rider didn't have target fixation. One of the most common bike accidents is a vehicle pulling in front of you (not seeing you) and this situation is worsened when the rider fixates on the target they are about to hit vs. thinking ahead and looking for "outs" .. along the same lines as motonoob mentioned above look THROUGH corners at where you WANT to be .. not where you're about to be.

Quick Reply: Ready for any advise...