F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Read this guys... Before you put your girl or child on the back

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Read this guys... Before you put your girl or child on the back

Gear them up.

http://www.speedfreakinc.com/content...rashqueen.html

If that happened to my GF i'd kill myself. I make sure she's geared up, and I always take it nice and slow. For this very reason.

I hate to post stuff like this, but i think it's good for us to see stuff like this once in a while because it's the reality of riding on a sport bike. Think about what could happen to your loved one on the back of that bike if anything happens.

Doesn't matter how great of a rider you are, you can't control everybody on the road. Gear up your girls, guys.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Default RE: Read this guys... Before you put your girl or child on the back

how ironic...in your sig it looks like your child is being a squid with no gear. doesnt look like hes going that fast though[sm=tongue.gif]

no a more serious note, make sure everyone including yourself are properly geared up before riding. just because your "going around the block" doesnt mean it cant change your life forever.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Retired Moderator

That was a little rough. I had to quit reading it...either an overactive imagination, or a squeemish stomach, or both. Defininetly food for thought, though

Old 10-08-2006, 10:07 PM

thats a tough article to get thru, but reading it all is deff something i would reccomend for everyone...makes me re-think my plans for taking my buddies on the bak of my bike next year...will invest in more than just a helmet for them...great article, thanks for the post

Old 10-09-2006, 01:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that sucks. I could never live with myself if that ever happened to someone who was on the back of my bike. That's why no one goes on the back of mine, even my girlfriend.

ORIGINAL: 01600F4i
because it's the reality of riding on a sport bike.
Just wondering, how is a sports bike more dangerous than other bikes, say a cruiser...other than the greater ability and wanting to go faster. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I really want to know. I've heard other people say the same thing all the time, but I've never really gotten the reasons behind it. To me, an accident on any bike is the same.

(sorry to change the subject a little)

The following users liked this post:
Mr.Perezident11 (04-12-2021)
Old 10-09-2006, 02:25 AM

Not sure but I think he might mean how there are like sissy bars and such on cruisers. Also most sport bikes these days are design much like racing bikes, which are designed for one person and the seat is a after thought.

Old 10-09-2006, 02:35 AM

That was gruesomely eye opening. Especially this weeekend which is the first time i've ever doubled up on my bike. I had a helmet, gloves, and a jacket for her, but nothing else, and she wanted to wear slip on's and designer jeans...

After reading the article it made me sick just thinking about that happeneing to her, someone i care about very much. I dont think i could live with myself.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:37 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Passengers gotta have gear -- that's a given. But part of the blame for her accident was the dumbass twisting the throttle. I remember reading about this last year and I believe he was doing around 100mph when she fell off. C'mon, that's fine by yourself but kinda dumb with someone behind. Similar to the popular video clip of the girl falling off the back when he does a wheelie

Old 10-09-2006, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: JaSoN

That was gruesomely eye opening. Especially this weeekend which is the first time i've ever doubled up on my bike.

Yeah, I just bought my bike last weekend and this weekend I decided to have my girlfriend ride on back for the first time. She has her own gear and is waiting to get one of her own so we both had helmet, gloves, jackets, boots but no riding pants, just jeans. After seeing this I think i'm going to more speedily get some riding pants...

Old 10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And to think, I was just about ready to consider putting a passenger on the back.

Quick Reply: Read this guys... Before you put your girl or child on the back