F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

re: how come F4i was never "raced?"

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: re: how come F4i was never "raced?"

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

man...if you want another bike, just go get it...stop ******* up the F4i and making excuses saying it isn't this and it isn't that, doesn't have this doesn't have that.

just get the newer bike that you want and stop trying to justify it by saying the F4i is old skool, etc. like you did in the other post.

because in the end, we all know that you can't outride your f4i...

ride positioning, etc. can all be made more aggressive.
ORIGINAL: kneepuck oo envy

and its not a question of whether im keeping mine, but more of a trivial question and if someone actually knows why honda never decided to race the F4i...
and oh, way to past judgement on another member that youve never met or no anything about for that matter, but probably looked at my join date and assumed that i have chicken stripes the width of fruit by the foot, go to the twisties in an icon jacket, no boots, some schweet gloves, and a mohawk on my helmet, oh but when it gets really hot, i only wear an icon chest plate and no shirt and maybe have gone down a few times while trying to jesus in an empty parking lot, but that following night i just kickstand posed and showed off all my scabs and rash to my MC...

yeah, way to go massah of teh knowingz meeh guuud!!! [8D]

Old 05-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kneepuck oo envy

and oh, way to past judgement on another member that youve never met or no anything about for that matter, but probably looked at my join date and assumed that i have chicken stripes the width of fruit by the foot, go to the twisties in an icon jacket, no boots, some schweet gloves, and a mohawk on my helmet, oh but when it gets really hot, i only wear an icon chest plate and no shirt and maybe have gone down a few times while trying to jesus in an empty parking lot, but that following night i just kickstand posed and showed off all my scabs and rash to my MC...
hey! all that stuff you posted would be me!!!!!!! i am the ultimate poser...

not you...because you are the one who's so good and fast that the F4i can no longer keep up with you!

or are you forgetting your posts from other threads, etc.?

Old 05-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

just kinda takes away from the "credibility" of the i's capabilities as a sportbike
Lamborghinis are really raced either...but that doesn't mean they aren't a sports car.

I know it is a lousy comparison, but I felt like putting something out there to boost my post count.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:42 PM

no, that pretty much summed up your snap judgement of me...

i just thought it was a pretty productive discussion seeing as how some ppl were in the same boat as me that were also curious and some contributed useful information...until you blew up at me for losing faith in the F4i (which btw, some ppl feel the same; not just i)...and which is a separate matter to this specific thread...

Old 05-07-2008, 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

just kinda takes away from the "credibility" of the i's capabilities as a sportbike
Lamborghinis are really raced either...but that doesn't mean they aren't a sports car.

I know it is a lousy comparison, but I felt like putting something out there to boost my post count.
can i post my count? theyre raced pretty often

Old 05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry for being late here, but this is my $.02:
The F4i was release as a half year model in 2000 but you hardly see them
The RR was released and ready to race profesional in 2003
Miguel Duhamel AND Nicky Hayden raced the F4i for American Honda

The F4i is STILL raced (in far corners of the globe). You won't see them in Professional racing for several reasons to include the performance gap of the 07/08 RR vs F4i. But the biggest reason is financial.

You see, racing is a business. People get PAID to race the current bikes. Why? Cause we (the consumer) buy them. Therefore to keep this cycle going rules stipulations and contigencies specify the model years that would be eligible to race and/or recieve financial incentive. Because of this, the aftermaket looses incentive as well to continue to develop parts for said "outdated" bike.

Now, where can you still find F4i's raced??? Novice level Club racing. One of our members raced his F4i up until last year.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:07 AM

woody didn't race his F4i...he crashes it...muahahahh...where is that ****? .

as far as the bike being too straight up, throw on some rearsets or adaptors and then some clip ons...and if you have bling, suspension...you'll keep up just fine with the newer bikes AND the bike will be just as uncomfortable, if not worse than any new race bike!

Old 05-08-2008, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
as far as the bike being too straight up, throw on some rearsets or adaptors and then some clip ons...the bike will be just as uncomfortable, if not worse than any new race bike!
I can vouch for that. Rode a stock F4i the other day, night and day difference, sooo comfortable...and rather uncomfortable for mine

Old 05-08-2008, 02:23 PM

you need more hot womeng on your site...muahahah...

Old 05-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+2

Quick Reply: re: how come F4i was never "raced?"