F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

re: how come F4i was never "raced?"

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re: how come F4i was never "raced?"

well, for those of you who dont know, ive been losing faith in the F4i lately (although i have since decided to stick it through with the i), but thats another story...

i dont really religously keep up with racing, but always wondered why the F4i was never "raced"...in terms of being utilized in the ama or other organizations? F2/F3 was raced, RC51, 1000RR, 600RR, etc...but why not the F4i?

idk, just something ive always wondered...just kinda takes away from the "credibility" of the i's capabilities as a sportbike...and i know, by now it seems that i hate the i and i should just bail...its a love/hate relationship with it and i guess in the end, im really that much of a sport/race oriented person...and its not a question of whether im keeping mine, but more of a trivial question and if someone actually knows why honda never decided to race the F4i...

Old 05-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: re: how come F4i was never "raced?"

I think the F4 was. But those same years n the fist couple of the F4i, Honda was working with the 600RR on teh track. The 01 -03 F4i had the split seat n looked hot n fast, but with the release of the 600RR in 03 the F4i got the nana seat til it was discontinued in 06. YES I SAID IT AGAIN THE F4i is out to paster with my F4. But that doesnt make them any less of a sportbike. If it wasnt for the F, F2, F3, and F4/i there wouldnt never have been a 600RR.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:12 PM
July 2008 ROTM

PlayfulGod pretty much gave the answer - why race the F4i when for slightly more you can get a more race-devout 600RR? Pretty much a no-brainer for anyone serious about racing a Honda.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 PM

I believe that it wasn't meant to be raced. It's just a comfortable sport bike and I'm fine with that! I've had a few people say to me that crotch rockets are uncomfortable. I responded with: "mine isn't" After they took it for a ride they realized that it wasn't uncomfortable.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:03 AM

The F4i to me is just a small cruiser/sport bike. One big instance is how much higher the handle bars seat compared to your seating position as opossed to an RR or R6, etc.,

BTW man, I'm in the same boat as you OP. LOL Don't feel bad.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:04 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

if you want to get techinal none of the production bikes are raced.. if you think the 600rr they race on the track has Anything to do with the 600rr you can buy in the showroom your in a huge trippy world and i'd love to come visit you.

just like Nicky Haden doesnt ride teh 1000RR he rides the RC211V which the repsol is a "replica" but once again, a milliion times different

Old 05-06-2008, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

if you want to get techinal none of the production bikes are raced.. if you think the 600rr they race on the track has Anything to do with the 600rr you can buy in the showroom your in a huge trippy world and i'd love to come visit you.

just like Nicky Haden doesnt ride teh 1000RR he rides the RC211V which the repsol is a "replica" but once again, a milliion times different
You ever watch WSBK or AMA FX. 1000rr's and 600rr's all day. MotoGP is a whole different animal (and the racing isn't as fun to watch as SBK)

Old 05-06-2008, 07:04 AM

I thought it was raced, maybe it was pics of F4's. but I have seen several pics of what I thought was an F4i on the track.

No, as a matter of fact, I am positive that in Nick I's Sport Riding Techniques" there is a picture of Nicky Hayden giving ithell on an F4i in full race plastics elbow to elbow in a race.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:12 AM

I remember reading that the '01 F4i have a little more horsepower than the rest of the later years because that year it was the only 600 Honda sportbike. Along those same terms, I believe that was the only year that the F4i was raced. The year after 2002 or 2003 the 600RR came out and took the place of the F4i on the track. That's all I have on the subject and I believe that I read that when I was trying to figure out what years had the O2 sensor in the midpipe. '01 didn't use it becuase of the open stream emissions or some crap to do with gaining HP.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:57 AM

From sportbikes.net these are not my words but from others...

Early 00's, Ten Kate, World Supersport, F4i
Fabien Foret '02 World Supersport champion!

Quick Reply: re: how come F4i was never "raced?"