F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ramps for Pickup Truck??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramps for Pickup Truck??

I need to get some folding ramps for my truck to get my soon to come RR into the bed with. Wondering which are the good ones & where you guys got yours?

Thanks!!

Old 02-27-2006, 02:13 AM
Default RE: Ramps for Pickup Truck??

There are no "good" ramps for loading a sport bike into the bed of a truck. The bikes have very little ground clearance. To get a bike in a truck you have to back it up to a hill. I have a bi-folding quad ramp that I've used to load my F4i in the bed of my Toyota. I had to back the truck up to a steep hill to load the bike. The ramp is just the right size to fit in the bed too. It's a ramp for loading quads so you've got enough room to walk the bike down the ramp. Invest in some good tie downs though. They're well worth it.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:10 AM

I use 2 Reese ramps one for me one for the 929. no hill to back up to its one of the longer ramps and its arched so it helps to avoid clearance problems Ramps

Old 02-27-2006, 11:20 AM

get a trailer, a lot easier and less likly to drop the bike/ cause damage
make sure you get good tie downs. the less the bike moves the better.

Old 02-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there ARE good ramps for loading sportbikes. you just need to find one that is arched and you won't bash in the bottom of the RR.

check out www.cyclemall.net they have some there.

T

Old 02-27-2006, 08:59 PM

Deffinately get the good straps like everyone says. I got the handle bar one from my local dealer for $30 and its so nice. That way you don'y have to worry about breaking your plastics or the clipons. I don't have a picture, but if I find one I'll post it up. Also I'd recomend the trailer idea. I think its about 100X easier to load and unload the bike when its on a trailer. You can get one from harbor freight for around $200 and I think if you find some good quality ramps you'll probably spend almost that much. So I guess it all comes down to how often you are going to haul your bike. If you going to do alot of track days or traveling and wnat to take the bike I'd suggest the trailer, but if its just an occasional thing the truck bed will be just fine. To me the trailer is worth buying and as soon as I get my new car I'm buying an aluminum 5'x10' trailer to haul the bike and what ever else I need to haul since I don't have a truck. Cost is expensive at about $1400 but its worth it to me to get 25 mpg with my car and have the ability to haul something if I need to and unhook it when I don't.

-Jesse-

Old 02-28-2006, 12:42 PM

harbor freight = use once and throw away...

Old 03-01-2006, 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

harbor freight = use once and throw away...
I have heard quite a few people who have their trailers and don't have a problem. There was someone on here that got one and really liked it, but I can't remember who. Me personally, I wouldn't put my bike on one of their trailers but I was giving him some alternatives to spending $200 something on a set of ramps.

-Jesse-

Old 03-02-2006, 01:24 AM

This is all very helpful stuff.

http://www.discountramps.com/folding...cycle_ramp.htm

What about these? 12 inches wide isn't much. Seems like it would take 2 folks to get it into the truck, one on each side???

Yes, a trailer would be better I'm sure. But you got to store it, and get a hitch put on, lights hooked up, etc. Not sure I want all that drama. I don't expect to need to load it more than maybe 5 or 6 times a year.

I do have a nice hill in my yard. But you gotta have something similar where you're going....

Old 03-02-2006, 04:42 PM

with trailer you can only go 55...supposedly...buahahha...
hey those look horrible...and so 80s mang...
check out these...

http://www.readyramp.com/folding_ramp.php

Quick Reply: Ramps for Pickup Truck??