F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Radial MC on F4i

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radial MC on F4i

Hey all...

I've been looking to do the conversion for quite some time...cause I hate the F4i's set up and the stupid bolts on the MC resevoir cover...so finally, i swapped out the stocker for an 04-05 gixxer 600/750 master cyclinder...it does bolt right now but it fits very tightly...if you race or track and have aftermarket clip ons, then it'll bolt up much better...otherwise i would use the one from a 929...

anyway, overall feel is much better! there is some clearance issues with the upper banjo and the lever, causing it not to fully compress, if you use the stock clip ons...but they will still work and the point of obstruction is somewhat after the wheel would lock anyway. the lines bolted right up...and also the gixxer MC comes with a bleeder screw at the MC!!!!!!!!! mounting the resevoir wasn't so bad...just have to take your time to see where you want it...

overall, better feel for the brakes and what they are doing...theoretically, it should make a difference, but on the road and really testing it, it does...also note that CRG and Pazzo's won't work well with this set up as they cause the lever plate to hit the banjo prematurely...so gots to be on aftermarket clip ons for this so the banjos can be rotaed somewhat.

it would be better if you can get the 929 set up...but the gixxer will work too, or just go for the gold and get the brembo set up...for about $250 with all you need.

maybe i post a pix someday...hahhahah

Old 10-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radial MC on F4i

gixxer parts on a Honda....forshame tahoe, forshame. I'm busting your chops. Are you going to upgrade the lines too?

Old 10-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radial MC on F4i

i've already gots galfer SS lines...always had them...

but i'm thinking of busting some superbike ones sometime later...the 1 to 2 configuration, just not now...

yea...gixxer part...but i couldn't find a cheap 929 MC on ebay or anything...and although it came from a gixxer, it says Nissin on it! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so no reference to suzuki whatsoever!