F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Radial Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radial Master Cylinder

it's an amazing upgrade. I would also recommend the SS lines as the 929/954 master cylinder displaces more than the f4(i)s...

Old 06-14-2008, 09:07 PM

How much did you find the MCs for?

Do you know of a write up for installiing them. I'm ordering speigler SS lines for my F4 next week and this seems to be a good addition since I want more bite and feel.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:12 AM

Can you still use the F4i brake lever, I want to do this mod at the same time I change the calipers, but I already have Pazzo levers and I don't want to have to get a different one.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: soccerlawn

Can you still use the F4i brake lever, I want to do this mod at the same time I change the calipers, but I already have Pazzo levers and I don't want to have to get a different one.
sorry to let you know, but there is no chance. you still can sell your brake lever and get the 954 pazzo instead i think. i tried to, but there is no chance

Old 06-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmmm.....I think I recall someone saying the OEM levers were the same. If that's the case the aftermarket should work.

Can anyone confirm?

Old 06-22-2008, 01:06 PM

i posted because i tried to swap, it's not even the close match, they are different.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: StreetPower

i have HEL lines and the fitment was good and troubleless. just make sure to bend the aluminium bracket so when holding the bike straight up, the reservoir would stand vertically too..
here's mine
Can you give me the mats on what you used to do that? I am thinking of getting the Gralfer Brake lines for Front and Rear thengoing to replace the master cylinder at the same time. I see in the picture that the lines are preventing from seeingthe RPMs, have you found that an issue? Also, is it worth going to Gralfer brake lines if all you do is mostly street? I have been doing some price comparisions for the brake lines and they aren't cheap....

Old 06-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I notice a difference with the lines. But going with master is the way to go.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:05 PM

I've never had a problem with the lines blocking the gauge cluster. In the picture the wheel is turned all the way to the left which makes it hard to see regardless.

As far as performance, stock lines and MC worked more than perfectly for mebut after riding my buddies R6 I wanted a firmer feel so I went with a MC and line swap.

I've only had the change for a few hundred miles and I've honestly not felt anything radically different. It doesn't stop better but it solved the problem I wanted to fix (to a degree).

Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 AM

ORIGINAL: wishin4600rr

ORIGINAL: StreetPower

i have HEL lines and the fitment was good and troubleless. just make sure to bend the aluminium bracket so when holding the bike straight up, the reservoir would stand vertically too..
here's mine
Can you give me the mats on what you used to do that? I am thinking of getting the Gralfer Brake lines for Front and Rear thengoing to replace the master cylinder at the same time. I see in the picture that the lines are preventing from seeingthe RPMs, have you found that an issue? Also, is it worth going to Gralfer brake lines if all you do is mostly street? I have been doing some price comparisions for the brake lines and they aren't cheap....
i can't quite remember, but i think the prices were like that:
hel lines front and rear ~$110
brake cylinder+lever+954 calipers+954pads(used) about $80-90
toyota dot 5.1 fluid $10

i don't think i noticed a lot of improvement, the bite is harder, it's more agressive, easier to block the wheel, but i still can't get to stoppie lol.
neither the lines neither the mc don't block the rpms, that 's just the handlebars stopped to the left..

Quick Reply: Radial Master Cylinder