F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

racing question. not quite like the other one.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racing question. not quite like the other one.

so just out of curiousity, who's ever been beaten by 4 wheels on their f4i's? idk if its happened or not, but i wanna know what kinda build would actually take these bikes.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:30 PM

Do you mean racing on an open road on our way from work? Naw...and I don't believe a CBR should lose, unless your gut tell you, "Yo, that dude is trying to kill me..." Then, let him win.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:39 PM

my buddy has a 2010 colbalt ss he has up pipe or down pipe idr im not that much of a car guy full exhaust intake and tune he said hes over 300hp and he hangs with me pretty good but doesnt beat me.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:30 AM

i got put in my place by a subaru wrx, but it was a road rally car and has had tens of thousands spend on it so i didnt feel too bad lol

Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 AM

I would expect a road rally car to win, rally car's accelerate insanely fast. There's a kid around here with a cobalt SS that always paces by my house or up and down a common route I ride. I think he's waiting to see what the ol' F4I has got but I don't think I'm going to bother. But if the conditions are right and I feel ok about it I'll gladly wipe the smile from his face haha. My boss has a Ferrari 430 though that I feel might be something to tackle. He also has a BMW Z8 Alpina with 500hp. I think either of those cars would probably cause some grief for most of the bikes I've seen around me.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll let this one stand as it's discussing the capabilities of the F4i. And I'll also delete it if people start talking about actual racing

Old 06-06-2011, 02:44 PM

OK, I'm going to post here, since it's on a race track, it makes it ok right? if not Mod feel free to delete my post. Here we go...
A bunch of guys I know get together and do Auto-X on weekends through a sanctioned body at an old Air force base; so lots of tarmac and cones. Well a couple weekends last season, after a day of attacking the cones, they decide to have drag races across the tarmac, about 1/2mile of actual race track, and then a little under a hundred yards to slow down. Here is what lined up.
Corvette Z06 (two of them), a C5 corvette, 1978 corvette, Porsche GT3 (two of them), turbo miata, supercharged miata, a WRX, a STi, misc. mustangs of all years and builds, a cobra kit car, SVT focus, Mini coopers and one rental Honda civic. Next to them were two recent 600cc sport bikes. Heres what happened every time.
the AWD cars were ahead out of the gates, but quickly passed by the high horsepower RWD cars once they could put down the power, then the 600's would pass them, coming to the end the 600's would wait until the last possible second then put on the binders. This process was repeated multiple times, and the outcome was more or less the same. 0-30mph AWD, 30-90mph RWD, 90mph+ motorcycles. The Z06's and GT3's would actually start to catch up with the bikes towards the end of the run, maybe if it was a mile long run the Z06's and GT3's would have won, but the way it was the bikes were winning, heres why I think it happened this way. Power to weight ratios; including rider say the bikes have a 5lb to 1hp ratio, the only vehicles close to that are the Z06 and the GT3, so in an equal race, with equal rider/driver ability, the bikes will have it until wind resistance starts to take over or the motorcycles run out of RPM/speed. The AWD cars get the hole shot because they can put down the most power right off the bat. These guys all know how to drive, so driver ability isnt really an issue here.

As I mentioned, this was on a race course, with a sanctioned body, and all participants were wearing the appropriate safety gear. I in no way approve of or suggest these actions be repeated outside of a track environment.

It is my opionion that a 600cc sport bike will be faster than any cage on wheels that doesnt have either a better power to weight ratio or a better driver.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

^ Exactly. The f4i with a perfect rider will do under 11 second 1/4 miles. Newer bikes are even faster. There are maybe 5 cars that can do anything close to that performance in production.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SPR-GRN
OK, I'm going to post here, since it's on a race track, it makes it ok right? if not Mod feel free to delete my post. Here we go...
A bunch of guys I know get together and do Auto-X on weekends through a sanctioned body at an old Air force base; so lots of tarmac and cones. Well a couple weekends last season, after a day of attacking the cones, they decide to have drag races across the tarmac, about 1/2mile of actual race track, and then a little under a hundred yards to slow down. Here is what lined up.
Corvette Z06 (two of them), a C5 corvette, 1978 corvette, Porsche GT3 (two of them), turbo miata, supercharged miata, a WRX, a STi, misc. mustangs of all years and builds, a cobra kit car, SVT focus, Mini coopers and one rental Honda civic. Next to them were two recent 600cc sport bikes. Heres what happened every time.
the AWD cars were ahead out of the gates, but quickly passed by the high horsepower RWD cars once they could put down the power, then the 600's would pass them, coming to the end the 600's would wait until the last possible second then put on the binders. This process was repeated multiple times, and the outcome was more or less the same. 0-30mph AWD, 30-90mph RWD, 90mph+ motorcycles. The Z06's and GT3's would actually start to catch up with the bikes towards the end of the run, maybe if it was a mile long run the Z06's and GT3's would have won, but the way it was the bikes were winning, heres why I think it happened this way. Power to weight ratios; including rider say the bikes have a 5lb to 1hp ratio, the only vehicles close to that are the Z06 and the GT3, so in an equal race, with equal rider/driver ability, the bikes will have it until wind resistance starts to take over or the motorcycles run out of RPM/speed. The AWD cars get the hole shot because they can put down the most power right off the bat. These guys all know how to drive, so driver ability isnt really an issue here.

As I mentioned, this was on a race course, with a sanctioned body, and all participants were wearing the appropriate safety gear. I in no way approve of or suggest these actions be repeated outside of a track environment.

It is my opionion that a 600cc sport bike will be faster than any cage on wheels that doesnt have either a better power to weight ratio or a better driver.

With the bikes being 0-60mph in 3 or so seconds I would have assumed they would have pulled away earlier then the 90mph mark?
Anyways, I bet that was a fun time for sure with some nice vehicles.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's all about acceleration. Look at a race track for example. You can brake later going into a turn, turn quicker, and accelerate faster than most any car like SPR said.

About the only way I'd personally think I'd lose, is over an 1/8th mile. Because I have no confidence launching my bike.

Quick Reply: racing question. not quite like the other one.