CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   questions on some wiring... and other stuff. :D (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/questions-some-wiring-other-stuff-d-102842/)

lino129 11-02-2009 12:26 AM

questions on some wiring... and other stuff. :D

ok to start with, im really not into electronics and wiring. i can hold my own tho as i did the wiring in my basement and had to install a small alarm system in my moms day care van. so i can follow directions very well.

so now onto the questions, my bike is a 01 f4i (i dont have it yet but will) i was wondering if it would be possible to wire both an underglow kit, and a set of demon eyes together so they can be remotely turned on, as such things are illegal, unless parked :icon_wink:, in my state. i dont need fancy flashing or anything like that, just a simple on/off. i believe most undeerglow kits come with such remote correct? so if i splice the demon eyes in the glow kits wires it should resond the same as them correct?
also can i have demon eyes in the headlights with regluar bulbs? or would they fry? im planning on getting Osram Silverstars 6k bulbs put in them.

thanks all.
lino

trackjunkie08 11-02-2009 01:17 AM

as far as the wiring yes you shouldnt have a problem splicing the two together. what i would suggest is ensuring you have a fuse somewhere in the line just in case. those demon eye kits are pricey and that would suck to have to replace them. i think one of the best waysto go is to get a mini blade fuse tap. the wire kit will have a ground terminal for your battery as well as the fuse tap which for that will prolly fit under a 10amp. same system i run for my radar set up and already saved me once.

lino129 11-02-2009 09:33 AM

ok, so just so i know im not gunna fck anything up. :icon_doh:

all i gotta do is put the LED kit where i want on the bike, install the demon eyes, figure out the correct wires to splice together (any help?) and the just hook it up as per the glow kit directions. and add a fuse tap in somewhere. and thats it? no other equpiment necessary?

trackjunkie08 11-03-2009 05:32 PM

Right. You won't splice any wires though. The mini fuse tap will draw power from the fuse that you attach it to. In this case you can use the fuse box below your seat. 10 amp should be fine(I use the headlight fuse). Then run a ground and use those two wires for you demon eyes and led's. That's leaves your wiring harness untouched. Try to purchase an led kit with inline resistors. Essentially the wiring should take 30 minutes.

Aken 11-03-2009 10:22 PM

An Add-a-circuit turns one fuse spot into two. Make sure to use a fuse that matches the load from your lights. You don't want to put a 10 amp fuse on a few LED strips.

As for wiring taking less than 30 minutes, I wouldn't really use that as a base time to compare to. Wiring should take as long as it does to do it right, at your own pace. My LED set up took two weeks of on/off work (probably 25 hours total). But mine isn't just a few lights, either.

lino129 11-03-2009 11:51 PM

im sort of concerned with the demon eyes, taking the headlights apart and putting them back together. ive read the how-to's and it doesnt seem that difficult, but still ya never know. i almost wanna buy an extra set of headlights somehow and put the eyes in those. that way if i fck it up i can still ride. :)

another question i was thinking about... do i have to buy a whole kit for a 520 conversion? (totally off the original topic i know, but i was thinking bout that today) or can i get separate 520 front and back sprockets? i already know im gettin a red chain (super sexy on a blacked out bike.)

edit: better planned... can i rock a supersprox rear (if i can fing find one with the red insert), vortex front, and EX red chain. all still stock gears and lengths. or if i go with a SS rear do i have to get the front too?

ep_houston 11-04-2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by lino129 (Post 854633)

edit: better planned... can i rock a supersprox rear (if i can fing find one with the red insert), vortex front, and EX red chain. all still stock gears and lengths. or if i go with a SS rear do i have to get the front too?

As long as they are all either 520 or 525 then they should all fit. The number referred to the pitch of the chain. Stock is 525. It is recommended that you should change the sprockets out when you change the chain because you have them all apart any way so they can wear out at the same time.

lino129 11-04-2009 07:57 PM

yea, i decided that ima just go with vortex front and rears. easier that way. and i found out today the guy im gettin the bike from has a 520 conversion -1/+2 already. so thats nice. haha
anybody happen to know the chain link count after such a conversion? the guy didnt know how many it was. i guess i could count... but i dont wanna. :icon_playing:
would it be the same for any bike with a -1/+2? or does the link count vary from bike to bike?

Aken 11-04-2009 11:55 PM

The chain will come longer than you need it most likely. You'll need to remove links to get it the size you need.

lino129 11-05-2009 01:41 PM

yea i kinda figured that. but i was hopin for a ballpark link count just so i have an idea. :)