F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Question of turn signal aesthetics

Old 05-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Default Question of turn signal aesthetics

Heyo,

I just ordered my pimpbike undertail today (quick note, everything you say about them is true, Dan is a super help and very accomodating), and I'm looking at the next thing will be swapping out the front signals to some flush mounts.

Since my pimpbike undertail is the one that reuses the stock rear brake light, I'll be converting it into an integrated turn signal as well. I've thought about protons but the price is kinda keeping me a bit hesitant on them, and then I noticed that hotbodies has several models of flush mounts, and have a nice red lens that would match the color scheme of the bike as well as the rear signals.

Do the rest of you guys pay attention to things like that? Like matching up your lens colors? Which of the two would be the easiest work with? I've read in a couple places that the hotbodies quality isn't really there, but I'd like to know for sure. I spend so much time searching and finding different models and wondering how it would look I end up being too scared to make any mods for fear of wrecking anything, or spending money on something I can't return!

Any advice?

Thanks!

Edit: I'm riding an '02 F4i, in case you were wondering!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:14 PM

i'm sure that with a little ebay scavanging you can find matching lenses, thats kinda how I have them on my f4i. clear intergrated tail-light with matching turns up front. also have the pimpbikes undertail..very sweet .
one thing that kinda puts me off the aftermarket front signals is that they are considerbly smaller therefore a bit less visible. a DRL mod for the front lights can aid that a bit. just imo.

ride safe-

Old 05-21-2009, 01:14 PM

I've got the proton flush mounts and theyre great. light output is excellent and they are DRL's as well. fitment is top notch as well. No need to wire in anything for flash rate either, which is a nice bonus.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:20 AM

I'm rocking some hotbodies up front. Love the smoked look they have. Couldn't get any better. Hard to see from the front, and blink fast with stock tail. I'll let you know when I get my undertail, however the lights aren't integrated. We will see. You can always tint the plastic to be the shade you want.