CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Question about my bike (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/question-about-my-bike-121829/)

99f4i 03-01-2011 05:20 PM

Question about my bike

1 Attachment(s)
alright i just bought this bike for $500 the guy told me the motor was locked up so i put it in gear and yea the rear tire would not spin so anyways i bought the bike got it home decided to put it in 6th gear and pushed it back and forth and low and behold the motor turns , so anyways i try and try and try cranking on it and the motor would not turn over by the starter so i kept tryn cause something kept telling me it was gonna crank and it finally did so now it runs ive been riding it , it smoked alot at first but now it doesnt anymore anyways i took the airbox apart and it was full of oil so ive read in another post that if you dont have ramair ducts and the bike falls over while running this will happen and lock the motor up , so why is it now running and yea my next thing to buy is ramair ducts but the problem is i dont know which year to buy i have 99 frame and 2001 parts and also the guy told me it has cbr929 forks is that true? Oh yea and i will change the seats back to black lol. Thanks. Adam

Attachment 49912

jp_greenville13 03-01-2011 07:52 PM

Holy inflate-a-seat. Haha. Those are not f4i forks:icon_shrug: Looks like you need the ducts for the 01-06 f4i. As for how you got it to un-hydrolock....:icon_shrug: Beats me. Change the fluids and enjoy your new toy! Good buy!!

xricer 03-01-2011 08:48 PM

Sounds like it might have been really flooded as well, so get that fuel soaked oil out and throw some new plugs in it. nice buy for $500!

Ragnar1x 03-02-2011 09:10 AM

Might want to swap out that passenger peg eliminator kit as well. Overall, it sounds like a great buy.

kazspeed 03-02-2011 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13 (Post 1020369)
Holy inflate-a-seat. Haha.

:icon_laugh:

redzintimidator 03-02-2011 12:21 PM

i was thinking more of marshmallow...but same deal..lol

Forks do look like 929 forks. If your airbox and front fairing is from an f4i, i would say get the air ducts from an f4i

gotcbr 03-02-2011 01:14 PM

$500 = win-win! Its worth more than that just in parts. Even better if you can continue riding it.

I like the front fork setup. It looks good.

Also, that rear brake setup isn't stock either. Would like a better look at that.

I did the split-seat conversion as well. Looks like your tail light isn't properly fitted. Is the battery tray still there or did the PO just mount the tail light to end of the subframe?

If you haven't already, you can find an inexpensive windscreen on eb*y.

Welcome to the forum.

jayred3002 03-02-2011 09:14 PM

fn sweet deal man!! def would give her an overhaul though

comodidit 03-02-2011 11:36 PM

Holy frankenbike batman!

That thing looks like it's made out of spare parts, but at 500$ it's a bargin even if you just bought it to scrap. Make sure to go over it for safety, or have a shop do it if you're not comfortable.

If it's safe, ride it and enjoy!

crazychris1981 03-02-2011 11:40 PM

i'll give ya $500 for it..lol...
great buy....
looks like it might have rear hand brake...
also looks like gsxr front master cylinder and lever...

take some more pic's of that bad boy.... looks great for $500