F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Put the 10" LOR exhaust on, no pics yet

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put the 10" LOR exhaust on, no pics yet

Well, I came in from work today to see a little box on the front steps. I opened it up and began the install. Got the old stuff off, god was it heavy, and the new stuff on, SUPER LIGHT (less than 3.5LBs!)

Started the bike up and I fell in love. SO deep and rumbely. I put my tools away, gear on, and went for a ride. It is definetly HOLY **** loud, but it sounds deep and muffled at the same time. Once you start rolling it just sounds mean, nasty, and deep with a little burble in it. I do wish I got the 13" which is a bit quiteir, but the tone of this is PERFECT. From idle to about 4K RPMs it is very deep and loud, 4-6 not so bad, 6500+RPMs it feels like the world is slowly ending around me and caving into my ear drums, I LOVE IT! Bike feels more snappy, not necessarily faster. Im sure my neighbors hate me just for tonight, but it is so badass. I only know how loud stock and a Jardine race core are (on an F4i), let me tell you this is a whole new league. Level One Racing makes quality stuff. Wouldnt hesitate to buy another pipe from them, maybe the 13 incher next time, but for now I love it. Found a few youtube clips which are pretty close to how mine sounds.

This is the idle...sounds IDENTICAL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTBdd...eature=related

Cruising, pretty similar. Mine sounds a bit more "mechanical" and mean, not as smooth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3zla...eature=related

Here you can hear the top end "smoothness" of the pipe, im not a dickwad who bounces it off the revlimiter though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FYEc...eature=related

Pics to follow soon

Old 10-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Default RE: Put the 10" LOR exhaust on, no pics yet

Im looking at getting a slip on pretty soon, how much does that exhaust run?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:51 PM

SOB that sounds soo effin sweet. [8D] I can't decide which one I like better the 10 or the 13. They both sound so damn sweet. I want one!!!!!! Anybody wanna buy a Micron pipe lol?!

Old 10-03-2008, 07:21 AM

Sounds good. They're real tiny though. Looks like someone taped a toothpick to an apple.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:36 AM

It looks so badass in person, I ordered the black hardware...definetly worth it. Love the exhaust, the noise level is starting to grow on me, perfect for cruising highway (50+MPH) but anything under that and the wind doesnt seem to carry the sound away as well. Still, I love it lots of angry moms and smiling chicks on campus.

Anyone else put an aftermarket exhaust on and have to rev the bike much higher to get it going? Maybe its the noise I was used to on the stock one, on when to let the clutch out. Seems like it needs a bit more gas now...oh well. Worth it. Ran me about 305 shipped to my door with the goodies. I would reccomend the 13" as that is probably more than loud enough, but if you're crazy like I am then the 10 is just right

Damn battery was dead this morning....any ideas why? It was 29 degrees last night, could that have done it?

Old 10-03-2008, 09:49 AM

I am crazy like you are because I want it loud!

I need to record my buddies M109R, he put an exhaust on his bike and my god it sounds like a V8. Our boss got on him because they were inside the building on a client conference call and he revved it up to show some buddies and they got pissed. He also got a complaint from the call center across the street probably 1/8th of a mile if not a little closer that it was too loud LOL.

He came over and we drove out to work, I was revving my bike up with stock exhaust and when he started his bike up I couldn't hear mine over his at idle pretty much.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Timmy_Jones

Anyone else put an aftermarket exhaust on and have to rev the bike much higher to get it going? Maybe its the noise I was used to on the stock one, on when to let the clutch out. Seems like it needs a bit more gas now...oh well. Worth it. Ran me about 305 shipped to my door with the goodies. I would reccomend the 13" as that is probably more than loud enough, but if you're crazy like I am then the 10 is just right

I was going to ask you about thatbut you asked it yourself. Reason why is that you lost considerable backpressure with your new exhaust. Proper backpressure is necessary to develop low end torque which is what gets you moving, especially on a 600cc sportbike that has to turn rpms to make horsepower.

Most of the aftermarket slip-ons can make claims of boosting power but that power is like +3hp at high rpm which is not where street riders want to feel it. Same thing with my short riot pipe from Hardrock. Same thing with the Vance & Hines pipes on my Harley but I got a PCIII on that bike. Stock F4ican is great for instant torque production cause its so restrictivebut thats about it.

Those race exhausts are called that for a reason since you race a bike wide open anyway.

I still think the LOR is great looking and I'm impressed with the sound in those vids you posted, and it was cheaper than my riot.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:13 PM

I would really like to see the pipe and the can at different angles, not straight on like that. Maybe the pipe could come up more vertical then bend into the can like the high mount cans do.