CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Project rebuild 01 F4i (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/project-rebuild-01-f4i-143597/)

mnadeau 12-09-2012 03:25 PM

Project rebuild 01 F4i

So I picked up this 2001 cbr 600 f4i from a friend who got in a wreck do to a sand patch and he and the bike went into a guard rail, he is fine how ever the bike needs some tlc. I need to replace the front forks, the rim and tire in the front, the fearings, the driver side peg by the shifter, the battery, and fix the throttle as it is not smooth running. It makes a cramming sound while revving and its hesitant.

Any parts people can offer I'll be gratefully appreciative of, as the throttle goes I'm starting with a good battery, spark plugs and a fpr as that seems to be a common problem. The alternator cover is also scrapped up and will be replaced. I'd like to look for good used parts because the forks rim an tire are pretty pricey from what iv seen so far.

I have the bike well stripped down an the vacuum lines are dry rotted but will replace them any ways, no signs of leaks or anything bad, their is a rattle under rev I assume that's the CCT, but am not worried about that untill it's running right and rideable. Now for the pics please feel free to pitch in parts for sale and any tips or info I work for Lindsay Chevy in Woodbridge so have the tools and knowledge for the work. Look forward to this winter project and hearing from you all!

gotcbr 12-09-2012 04:59 PM

Good to see you started a rebuild/mod thread. Hopefully, you'll get some good feedback & be able to complete the work easily w/o too much cost. Recommend that you place a WTB (Want To Buy) thread in the F4i Wanted section.

F4i forks are the most easily found & reasonably priced. There are still a lot of them around. The front wheel should be as easily found as well.

How are the triples?...If they are still undamaged, you can re-use them w/ new forks.
Are the clip-ons ok?
Is the front fairing-stay ok?
Headlights ok?

Fairing-wise, we have forum sponsors that sell fairing pieces & kits. Ebay has many kits as well.

mnadeau 12-09-2012 06:31 PM

According to insurance and from what i can see the tripples are fine, I believe they are cast iron. Headlights are good as well as the clips and all their is one platic peice that broke off from under the front fearing on top of the ram air tube but ill just platic weld it back on. Thanks for the nice reply to, I will start a WTB thread here soon, also i cant seem to figure out how to post pics.

gotcbr 12-09-2012 06:44 PM

Sure, glad to help. Glad those other items are still GTG.

Here's some help w/ pic posting... https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-hel...-posts-104022/

If you need any help as a new member, please don't hesitate to ask me or any other mod or admin.

stlcbr600f4_newb 12-09-2012 10:14 PM

what's going on.... i am currently in the middle of a massive rebuild myself... i am in st.louis and i am searching for tons of parts myself.... i will be looking into front end parts myself as i am going to overhaul my forks or upgrade.. so if i come across anything i will drop you a link to it..

take your time label everything ... do you have a service manual for the bike yet??? if not it is a must.. so far it has been the best source for issues i have ran into...well next to researching like a dog.

good luck

mnadeau 12-10-2012 09:53 AM

I'll subscribe to that, I'm re-upholstering the seats today and I'm going to create a photobucket since I'm not authorized to do certain things currently. So pics later and so far stuff is going well got a co-worker also looking for parts for me. Hope your build goes well!

mnadeau 12-10-2012 08:37 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Seats re-upholstered today, picked up a few feet of smaller vacuum line for this weekend to replace dry rotted line, also got some autolite plugs for tempory use. so if i can get a FPR this weekend i can test the throttle issue agin.
Attachment 35289
Attachment 35290
Attachment 35291
Attachment 35292
Attachment 35293
Attachment 35294
Attachment 35295

gotcbr 12-10-2012 09:56 PM

Seats reupholstered or seat covers? Nevertheless, that's some nice looking material. :-)

Sounds like you're moving right along...

mnadeau 12-11-2012 03:40 PM

well i geuss you could say that, I removed the old leathers that were torn and cracked and dried out, sanded the mold off the foam, cleaned the plastic seat part up, and then stretched the new covers on and stapled em down. Also i took some of the old leather and put on the rear foam part were the seat strap would be. Only because it was never their when my buddy who wrecked had bought it. So semi deleated that lol.

mnadeau 12-13-2012 05:36 PM

Got my battery Charged up today, this weekend will know if it's still good also picking up fpr and installing new plugs. Also plan to redo all vacuum lines and probably fuel lines as well and on top of that cleaning valves and throttle bodies.