CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   power problems with my f4i (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/power-problems-my-f4i-111074/)

Fool 05-23-2010 11:40 PM

power problems with my f4i

starting off i had rust in my tank its all gone now.. i been having a problem where the bikes running at like 1/4 its normal power 1st-3rd gear the bike actually moves but in higher gears has hardly any if any power at all .. so i bought a new exaust and power commander those are installed .. i changed the fuel filter which the gas coming out was orange .. bikes still running like it was before(except before i changed the fuel filter it would go in and outta having power like u could tell it was trying 2 go would spit a littleand move a little faster and slow back down)

its also been eating gas liek crazy like 50 miles to a tank and starting out in first gear i have almost no power the bike almost dies takin off ( ive run seafoam thru it to help clean the injectors and fpr and nuttin) its smokin alot outta the exaust also .. i guessed its burning the seafoam off

im gunna pull it part in the next few days first im gunan disconnect the power commader and start it back up and see if it runs fine if that doesnt work im gunan check the injectors and fpr and spark plugs

can anyone else gimme some knowledge on what 2 do .. if i cant figure out after all that im gunna bring it 2 honda (i hate bringing it theer its like 90 a hour for work) cause their the only honda dealer within like 40 miles

kowen1208 05-23-2010 11:46 PM

Has the exhaust been smoky just since the Seafoam? What color is it?

There could be a ton of different reasons for lack of power like what you're describing, of which I only know a couple. Injection system would've been my first guess. After that I'd say possibly a head gasket leak and/or hydralock.

Kuroshio 05-23-2010 11:51 PM

Have you checked the air filter? Checked the fuel lines for blockages? Checked the FPR?

Fool 05-23-2010 11:54 PM

its white smoke i belive

ya kowen im rippin it all apart 2 check everything jsut waiting 2 get some shop time at my friends shop

kuro air filter look brand new and the lines will be checked

ty for the info

F4iRider01 05-23-2010 11:56 PM

Mine was recently acting up because the throttle was to low and my idle adjuster wasn't in all the way. It wouldn't do anything when I turned it. I have since took out the TB (throttle bodies) and cleaned them made sure that when my idle adjuster moved it moved the valves and then made sure everything was tight and secure. She runs great now with no power lag. Also charge your battery and spark plugs prolly not the reason but if you have it apart, might see if that's it. I'm new to this too so there is my:icon_twocents:.

Hope you get it figured out~

Fool 05-24-2010 12:03 AM

i didnt even think about my adjuster .. i always messin with it cause if the bike is runnign bad i adj it so the bike doesnt die ... im going mess with that right now lol thanks man ...

and ya i cleaned everything when i took the bike apart the first time i cleaned the trottle bodies air filter and all .. so all the should be good

Kuroshio 05-24-2010 12:04 AM

How old are the plugs? Like kowen said, there's a lot that could be wrong. Cleaning the FPR with Seafoam won't do any good if the FPR is bad so you'll wanna diagnose it when you do tear it apart.

With the white smoke, if it started after adding the Seafoam that's prolly the cause. Gotta let that stuff burn out before taking it as a symptom.

Fool 05-24-2010 12:22 AM

f4irider tried that no go

Fool 05-24-2010 12:24 AM

kuro they got 7200 miles on them.. when i took them out last time they looked fine

and ya i figured the white smoke was teh seafoam and ya im gunna get it off and se whats up honda here has no parts for my bike i gotta order everything .. they pretty much blow

Kuroshio 05-24-2010 12:35 AM

I haven't had to do any serious diagnosing on my F4i yet. But the chitty MPG means the gas is going somewhere. Assuming (and I hate doing it) that you don't have 5 inches of slack on your chain and 5 lbs of pressure in your tires, I'd be looking for it leaking out of somewhere.

Since you're not going in the garage and finding a puddle of gas under the bike (I hope), it'd have to be while the bike is running. Try revving the bike in neutral and then looking for gas on the engine?