CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Power Commander alternative? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/power-commander-alternative-129938/)

Dragondima 08-22-2011 08:35 AM

Power Commander alternative?

Sorry if this has come up before, and if this has been answered, but i'm looking in to getting something similar to a power commander.

I've been looking around, and searched on google, but haven't found a lot of alternatives. I was interested if anyone a.) uses a PCIII on their F4i, and if so does it really make that big of a difference? b.) if anyone uses an alternative to it.

I found this guy, seems overly affordable, so i'm a tad skeptic:
NITRO X FUEL COMMANDER GET POWER FOR: CBR 600 F4i & FSi | eBay

A little bit more expensive one:
Techlusion Fuel Injection Box System

Thoughts? Anyone have any good input on this?

kazspeed 08-22-2011 08:43 AM

The only reason you truly need a power commander is if you are getting a lot of backfire, or if you are doing track days and want to adjust specs for different temperatures.

Otherwise, ITS A WASTE OF MONEY!!

A PC really only adds a couple HP, if any. Dont buy into it.

Dragondima 08-22-2011 09:15 AM

Thanks for response Kaz, but i'm curious as to why everyone is so hype about it then? I have a different gear ratio on my sprockets, and a yoshi exhaust, so i wouldn't mind getting better gas mileage, and when i go turn searching, having ability to switch to get more performance.

kazspeed 08-22-2011 09:24 AM

People get caught up in the word "power" and the manufactures claims of increased horsepower.

If you got backfire its the perfect solution, if you are doing track days and want to map it out to the outside temperature conditions its perfect...otherwise, its a waste of money!

Dragondima 08-22-2011 09:48 AM

Ok, but how can they claim horsepower increase without backing it up? If they say so, then shouldn't it be easily tested on dyno? I'm also curious, if it can correct my speedometer. Since i have differet sprockets i'm getting very different speed readings. That might be a nice benefit.

kazspeed 08-22-2011 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dragondima (Post 1092340)
Ok, but how can they claim horsepower increase without backing it up? If they say so, then shouldn't it be easily tested on dyno? I'm also curious, if it can correct my speedometer. Since i have differet sprockets i'm getting very different speed readings. That might be a nice benefit.

A PC cannot correct your speedometer. You will need a speedo healer. Because of the sprocket your odometer and speedometer will be off, thats why a lot of people don't do that.

Also, a PC does add horsepower, but we are talking amounts not noticeable to the average rider, amounts you would only be able to measure on the track for lap times.

I hear some companies say it adds 8-10 hp, in actuality it only adds 1-3hp. You would be better of learning to ride better than adding a PC.

Of course there may be some people on the forum that disagree, but that is my 2 cents.

Kuroshio 08-22-2011 11:33 AM

Think the biggest advantage I've heard of a pcIII on a non-overly modified bike is it smoothes out the power delivery with the proper map. I am considering one myself for that purpose over winter, along with a two bros titanium or black for looks

CodyJ28 08-22-2011 12:02 PM

The smoothness of it makes it worth it to me. Made it feel like a whole new bike.

Sick97SS 08-22-2011 12:47 PM

I think the main benefit is the smoothness of the throttle as Kuroshio stated plus the ability to tune for different mufflers and air filters.

Codyj28 nailed it. Feels like a brand new motor and the PCIII completely eliminates any hesitation you have when you first blip the throttle.

$300+ for a new one is crazy, i got lucky and got mine in perfect condition on ebay for under $100. Just search for model number 108-411 or "commander f4i", there's a USB version for sale for $150 right now

Trey929RR 08-22-2011 02:09 PM

Two Brothers Racing :: Juice Box Fuel Controller, Street Bike Parts, Aftermarket Motorcycle Accessories, Sport Bike Parts

or buy a 1000!!!! :icon_smile: