F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

power commander? 2001 F4i? sup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power commander? 2001 F4i? sup?

My bruthuh from anothuh muthuh just bough an 03 R6.... and it pulls away from me... just a bit, but it's not cool.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:14 AM
Default soooooo...

what i'm saying is, i'd like some sympathy! lol, or someone to tell me they waxed an R6 or 636 lately with thier f4i! lol, it's not a big deal, i'd still rather have my bike, but does power comander help a lot? worth the money?

Ride safe yall, and don't take no ****e

Old 03-19-2010, 03:15 AM

A power commander only gives you a gain on HP and Torque if you have some modifications done to your bike. Example: Air Intake and Exhaust. Also with a power commander it is highly recommended to get it tuned by a professional, this way the power commander has a custom map just for your bike. If you don't have any mods on you bike you will only see little to no gain from the power commander alone.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:54 AM

I got the PC III USB and using a map I downloaded from their website. It's nice hooking up your laptop and look at the charts and engine parameters as you rev your engine...the silly things that make me smile. Anyhow, back to your question.

For improved acceleration you're talking exhaust, sprockets, and PC III for sure. The jury isn't out yet on the air filter, that's up to you. The gain in performance is perhaps marginal on the induction system when we talk about dropping in a K&N.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What he said ^
Sprockets will help you keep up more anything when it comes to pure acceleration

Old 03-19-2010, 12:15 PM

dont mean to thread jack but, i have a k&n filter, yosh slip, and +2 rear sprocket...would adding a power commander drastically change anything performance wise?

Old 03-19-2010, 01:07 PM

No.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:30 PM

Uhm...YES!.
Since I have an exhaust, PC III USB, and an air filter. Here's my take... the PC III USB isn't exactly cheap, but we're talking bikes, so is there anything cheap...no. Anyhow, when you add the PC III, right off the bat you're gonna notice smoothness throughout the power band, and an improvement to throttle response.

I've gone PC III USB, and I won't go back. Moving from a stock setup, will require some retuning for optimal performance, and that's where the PC III comes in.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Default ya, maybe i should just go on a diet... lol

I have K&n, FMF (loud as f..ck) slip on, flushmounts n all dat, just don't like being pulled away from in ANYTHING I'm driving...lol I know the ecu programmer benefits in cars very well, but don't know much about bike engine management. Sounds like you guys are saying it's more about controling torque curves and efficiency than a quick gain in raw power. Which is kinda the same thing... but that's the same with my stang.

Why is the F4i such a beautifully balanced, eyecatching, SWEET sounding, corner railing, perfect specemin of a bike..... and then they make it just a little under powered in the 6 class?! I would never trade, but it bugs me a little...

Old 03-19-2010, 03:11 PM

Go up a few teeth on the rear sprocket and you will be happy. going down one tooth on the front sprocket AND up two on the back sprocket is common but I think it is a bit much... just +2 or +3 on the rear sprocket would add a good amount of acceleration without killing your top speed or ruining your fuel mileage.

(ya, losing some of that beer gut would help too )

Quick Reply: power commander? 2001 F4i? sup?