CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Possible trade (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/possible-trade-117575/)

WiSH2oo0 10-11-2010 05:16 PM

Possible trade

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

I have a buddy whos friend needs some extra cash and he made a proposal to me. He asked me if I would trade bikes with him and give him some extra cash.

My current bike is a 97 Honda F3 w/ 19000+ miles it has V&H slip-on exhaust, flush mount blinkers, fender eliminator kit, Hong Kong levers, Zero Gravity windscreen, frame sliders and a DDM Tuning HiD kit. I'm going to need new tires next season for sure and I should get my valve clearance checked one of these days also.

His bike is a bone stock 2006 Honda F4i w/ 14,000 miles. The front tire looks to be at 30% tread life left and the back tire still has about 80% tread life left. His bike also has a crack in the fairing by the right hand mirror and the left hand mirror looks like its close to cracking too. Other then that it looks like its in good shape and sounds good.

As far as looks go I would say mine is in better shape even thou it is 9 yrs older. He asked me if we could trade bikes and I give him $1,600 cash on top. What do you guys think, does this sound like a good deal?

Heres a pic of his bike, you can't see the crack in this pic by the right mirror thou.

Moses

nickp123 10-11-2010 05:56 PM

Monetary wise its a pretty good deal. Its up to you though as to what you like better so ride it and see. Still got the banana seat and everything so its almost like its just a brand new/better version of your f3. Maybe round it out to a nice even $1500 too :icon_wink:

Aken 10-11-2010 07:44 PM

I say go for it if you have the cash and you want to upgrade. The only down side is you lose some of your mods.

Zero1080 10-11-2010 09:37 PM

Yeah. It's a solid step up, but only if you want to part with the mods.

siCk f 4 i 10-12-2010 01:10 AM

Your mods add up to around 700. .He must have laid it down a couple of times.. and he has 14,000 miles already on his bike. At least you know your bike really well. I'm always sketchy about direct trades with cash on your end, on top.

elato001 10-12-2010 11:58 AM

I don't think it's that great a deal, especially if your bike is running well. You don't know the condition of his bike and it looks like he's dropped it. The mileage is also similar. It's not a bad idea, but not for 1600 on top.

joeroberts 10-12-2010 01:11 PM

I say your bike and $1000 and call it a day and if he don't like I'd move on

Aken 10-14-2010 10:44 PM

It doesn't looked dropped at all - paint cracks near the mirrors are common stress cracks from over tightening. I'd say the only thing that really warrants dropping the price is the cost of putting new tires on it.

madman 10-15-2010 12:53 AM

why does he want an f3? needs money?

gotcbr 10-15-2010 05:15 PM

To strictly ans your question, *yes* its a good deal, all things being as stated.

Think it over thoroughly. Agree on a date by which a decision will be made & stick to it.

One thing about doing business w/ buddies is...to make sure both of you are 100% in agreement about the transaction, timeline, & paperwork. Even w/ buddies, do all your paperwork at the DMV. That way, there won't be any unfortunate surprises that would strain your friendship.

Good luck w/ your decision.