F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

pop goes my tire.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pop goes my tire.

so i'm driving to work today and i'm about half way there when i start feeling the bike swaying. next thing i know someone drives up next to me and honks and points out that i have a flat rear tire. i was enjoying my new bike till it left me stranded on the side of the highway with a blown rear tire. i ended up on the inside lane so after i couldn't find anyone to come get me i had to play frogger to get to the exit on the other side, which was a challenge in itself bc i wasn't sure how the bike would handle especially when you have people coming at you at 70 mph. after calling people for 30 to 45 minutes i finally got a friend to come get me. funny thing is i bought new tires yesterday and then this **** happens. i haven't received them yet but it still pisses me off. since the one that blew was an OEM i think they were just too hard and a bump in the road put an end to it.

on the bright side i didn't have to pay someone to come get me and i didn't crash after it blew. so i'm glad for that. tire didn't make a sound when it went either...kinda weird.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Default RE: pop goes my tire.

yea that is kinda wierd, probably was loosing air slowly... well at least your not hurt, and all the more reason to put on new tires. lol

Old 06-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

that happend to me when my tire went I didnt even notice till i got where i was going and my friend said my tire was low i kicked it and it pushed all the way to the rim... good thing i was at the shop when i pulled over =)

Old 06-02-2006, 12:08 PM

yeah chances are the tires were just too hard and even though they were filled to spec it was too much since they were so old. pisses me off since my buddy mentioned something like that to me and i didn't take any air out. now i have to find someone to get me to a shop. [:@] oh well....

Old 06-02-2006, 04:14 PM

OEM tires are fine but yours may have been old enough to wear or just had something in it to cause a leak. The first time I took my F4i up to speed (around 130 way out in the country) it went flat and I never knew until I stopped and was on the rim. And nothing but a hole was left where the nail/screw/whatever was. Good thing you didn't wreck and have new ones on order.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:46 PM

if it would have been the fron you could hardly notice either, the steering just feels heavier. just FYI

Old 06-05-2006, 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: christhek

OEM tires are fine but yours may have been old enough to wear or just had something in it to cause a leak. The first time I took my F4i up to speed (around 130 way out in the country) it went flat and I never knew until I stopped and was on the rim. And nothing but a hole was left where the nail/screw/whatever was. Good thing you didn't wreck and have new ones on order.
thanks for the good word. it definately wasn't just a leak. it had 1.5" tear in it. but it wasn't immediate...at least i didn't notice it immediately. either way, getting the new tires today and should be up and going mid week.