F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Poll: Brake Rotor Warpage?

Old 10-18-2009, 05:24 AM
Default Poll: Brake Rotor Warpage?

Need a little help here.

How many F4i owners have had issues with front brake rotors warping and requiring replacement? I'm doing a comparison with another bike I own.

So, question is:

Yes, I have brake rotor warpage.

No, no problems with rotors.

Hey sysop, is it possible to put this in voting/poll format? Not sure I know how to do that. Thanks.

--Paul

Old 10-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

My front R/H disc is a little warped. Perhaps 0.2-3 mm out of true. It hasn't caused problems but if the bikes been sitting for a couple of days and got wet you can hear it rub on the pad for a while until it all gets a bit warmed up.
Damned expensive things aren't they?
I'd also like to ask if anyone's got any opinions about sintered vs non-sintered pads. I put a set of standard ones in the front a few months ago. I guess I'll get at least 15K miles out of them but I'm sure someone with a few more miles of ownership will perhaps have a better idea.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by HenryM View Post
My front R/H disc is a little warped. Perhaps 0.2-3 mm out of true. It hasn't caused problems but if the bikes been sitting for a couple of days and got wet you can hear it rub on the pad for a while until it all gets a bit warmed up.
Damned expensive things aren't they?
I'd also like to ask if anyone's got any opinions about sintered vs non-sintered pads. I put a set of standard ones in the front a few months ago. I guess I'll get at least 15K miles out of them but I'm sure someone with a few more miles of ownership will perhaps have a better idea.
They are expensive. I replaced the rotors on my Triumph Sprint--did all the work myself--and the parts came to nearly $600.

I'm running the EBC HH sintered pads on the F4i and the Sprint. Very happy with the performance. So far, wear is okay. If they last 8K, I'm happy. Not that expensive to replace.

Old 10-18-2009, 11:43 AM

No problems here and I brake HARD, like at a track day going from 150mph to 80mph at the last second lap after lap.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
July 2008 ROTM

One of my Galfers is warped slightly. If I brake moderately at higher speeds, I can feel it. Doesn't bug me much cause it isn't often, but I know it's there. The Galfers only have maybe one more season left on them anyway, if that. Not sure what I'll do after, don't want to pay for new ones.