CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Plz help me restore her (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/plz-help-me-restore-her-152467/)

reaper101 07-26-2014 09:16 PM

Plz help me restore her

5 Attachment(s)
Ive been without a bike for two months my last one's engine went out and I've been saving up but have had problems with having to buy tools for work and what not, i found this bike on craigs going for 2500 was made into a stunt bike, i got to it and found it was not worth it, seller was moving state and wanted it gone so i got it for 1100 i have plans to restore it but don't got a lot of time due to work these are the things i know that are wrong with it other than the pure ugliness of it

no headlights(original don't know where connections are?

fixed the brake lights already

turn signals don't work light just stays on

previous owner installed a jumper wire on fuel relay to keep it goin when wheeling

mph is off for some reason i think about 20

i wanna say all gears work but can probably only reach 130 before i start redzoning

where should i start?

i think I've found headlights but there no power to them I've checked with my tester( i think might be missing its relay found a 4 prong connector but nothing attached to it, it had power ?? and another relay seems burned? also some wire were spliced but connected to nothing i can't figure what there for.. everything was wrapped in electrical tape

look at pics plz

Brotha J 07-26-2014 11:02 PM

Wow. Just, wow.

omg209 07-27-2014 01:41 AM

poor f4i..what have they done to you

reaper101 07-27-2014 07:17 AM

Trying to bring her back to life :/

wheelnut 07-27-2014 09:04 AM

poor f4i, first off get yourself a workshop manual with a good wiring diagram and a cheap multi meter to test all that spaghetti, then you can find out what goes where and whats connected to what, check the sprocket sizes as she was a stunter I would imagine she is not on stock gearing,

bdeljoose 07-27-2014 10:06 AM

No offense ment bro, but that looks like alot of time and money.

reaper101 07-27-2014 09:17 PM

tks for ur input yea i just took off the entire light harness I've ordered another one, how would i know if i have the right sprocket or not as i ride I'm still new to bike riding, Ive already started to test each wire, and yes while this might be a pitfall of money i already have all fairings and headlights just need to sand the frame down before i start putting my fairings and what not i will post a new thread to record my progress wish me luck and plz feel free to help :) also ima need a new rear tire how expensive is it to get put on or should i attempt to take it off myself(I'm sure i have all the tools to do so if not buy them)

reaper101 07-27-2014 09:20 PM

and what i mean by taking it off i mean the rim(tire still attached) to shop to get new tire placed on

reaper101 07-27-2014 09:25 PM

also any suggestions as to why my mph is off?

Jukkis 07-28-2014 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by reaper101 (Post 1278147)
also any suggestions as to why my mph is off?

See what Wheelnut said before. Are sprockets original size?