CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Please help testing Fuel Pump 2005 F4i (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/please-help-testing-fuel-pump-2005-f4i-156525/)

sssmasss 08-30-2017 09:43 PM

Please help testing Fuel Pump 2005 F4i

Hello all,

Please help me with this issue before i spend too much money.

My pump will not prime. My headlight is on when the ignition is turn to ON. When i press start the bike will crank but will not start because there is no fuel going into the engine.

My question is: how do i test to make sure that my fuel pump is actually done. From the fuel pump there are 3 wires. one is green which is Ground/Return. The other Two are Brown/Black and Brown. How do I hotwire these wires to see if the pump is actually dead. Thank You

CaBaRet 08-31-2017 01:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi page 5-53 manual.

sssmasss 09-01-2017 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet (Post 1307208)
Hi page 5-53 manual.

Thank you.

No voltage. i guess the pump is not dead. I am reading only 5.8v i thought it was supposed to be 12VDC? checking everything else.

CaBaRet 09-01-2017 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by sssmasss (Post 1307226)
Thank you.

No voltage. i guess the pump is not dead. I am reading only 5.8v i thought it was supposed to be 12VDC? checking everything else.

As your headlight relay is working try swapping it with the Fuel Cut Relay, and the Engine Stop relay to see if that gets the pump to prime

sssmasss 09-01-2017 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet (Post 1307227)
As your headlight relay is working try swapping it with the Fuel Cut Relay, and the Engine Stop relay to see if that gets the pump to prime

I will check.

And earlier post i meant to say Got voltage instead of No voltage.

sssmasss 09-01-2017 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by sssmasss (Post 1307234)
I will check.

And earlier post i meant to say Got voltage instead of No voltage.

My dumbass.

I dont know what I did but i checked the voltage one more time to make sure I got power to the pump before buying one off ebay.

I got no voltage.

So this is the latest.

1) Jumped the Bank Angle Sensor at the plug. Green and Red/White wires.

2) Turned Key to ON and Kill Switch to On. Pressed Start ---> engine cranking but will not start.

3) Checked Power at Black 3P plug Green and Brown. this plug located on the left leg side under the gas tank. NO Power here.

4) Checked Fuel Cut Relay, and the Engine Stop relay which both located near the tail and under passenger seat. I do not know how to check this with a multimeter so i only check with "hearing and feeling the click" sound. When i turned Ignition key to ON i heard and felt both relay clicked. Therefore I assumed they work.

5) But to be sure I swapped out my headlight Relay for Fuel Cut Relay and Engine Stop Relay. They both turned on my headlight. The relays are GOOD?

I have no clue what to do next. please help

CaBaRet 09-02-2017 12:47 AM

Hi , raise the tank and run some wires directly from the battery to the pump and see if it primes, Positive to Brown and , Green to earth to take the pump out of the equation, and yes relays are good, make sure that the Green wire at the pump is OK and not broken anywhere

sssmasss 09-02-2017 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet (Post 1307240)
Hi , raise the tank and run some wires directly from the battery to the pump and see if it primes, Positive to Brown and , Green to earth to take the pump out of the equation, and yes relays are good, make sure that the Green wire at the pump is OK and not broken anywhere

will do tomorrow bro. thank you.

i was just thinking of getting new hardness and say f... this wiring.

I had two bikes that i had left untouched for two years because i was away. Now trying to get this to work is a biatch. The 600rr start up just fine. however it gave me two codes. Code 2 and code 25 which are MAP sensor damages or vacuum leaks but it says engine operate normally. Code 25 is knock sensor or something like that. It also states that engine operate normally. So I think i do not have to worry about those codes. What do you think?

CaBaRet 09-02-2017 02:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi matey, generally a matter of cleaning or loose wires,sent you a link for the 600rr manual, but here, could always start a reset of codes to see if they still come up

boredandstroked 09-02-2017 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by sssmasss (Post 1307244)
i was just thinking of getting new hardness and say f... this wiring.

OR you could spend the money on some diag time by a shop and not be guessing anymore.