CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Please help!!! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/please-help-158804/)

joshreid45 04-10-2019 04:54 PM

Please help!!!

I’m having a terribly annoying issue with my 2001 f4i.

This bike is new to me and has 45000km on it.
At complete random and varying speeds my FI light will come on and I will have a brief fuel or power cut. This happens sometimes not at all or sometimes 3-4 times a ride. It’s completely random. It’s extremely annoying when I’m really on the throttle. It seems to happen more often when I’m really on it. After the FI light goes off the bike is completely normal again. I’ve jumped the wires to read the code and I get a solid FI light when I turn the bike on. No blinks.

This made me believe it was code 0 and pointed towards my bank tilt sensor. I since bypassed the tilt sensor by jumping the two coloured wires together. The issue still happened on today’s ride.

I’ve checked the kickstand sensor and it seems fine. I might bypass this next?

please help! This is really ****ing scary when I’m going fast and my bike cuts power for 1-2 seconds then comes right back and shoots me into space lol.

Doc Samson 04-12-2019 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by joshreid45 (Post 1320657)
This is really ****ing scary when I’m going fast and my bike cuts power for 1-2 seconds then comes right back and shoots me into space lol.

I don't know enough about electronics to even guess what is going on BUT... I strongly encourage you to be gentle with the throttle until you get the issue sorted out!

Good luck!

74demon 04-12-2019 05:53 AM

Look at all the connections for the harness, battery cables, and grounds. I've seen connector pins burn and cause all kinds of problems like this, so look closely.

lizardman0305 04-22-2019 12:28 PM

Had a similar issue recently and it turned out to be a faulty feed on the main harness to the instrument cluster.
Check this throughly and make sure there are no broken connectors in there. Mine would cut out when I hit a certain RPM and I first thought it to be a resonant frequency issue with the side stand switch, but it turned out to be this. Does the Clock reset on the dash overtime you switch the ignition off? The front instrument cluster has a constant 12v feed from the battery, if this has corroded or not seated properly, it'll cause havoc as it's effectively acting like a killswitch. (Red FI Light stays on before you start the bike, so it could be that the ignition is being cut)

Have a good dig around, buy a good contact cleaner, break out the multimeter, and take your time. Electronics are a huge pain in the arse, and time consuming, but there's not an awful lot to a bike's electrical system.

Message me if you need a hand!