F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

plate flapper

Old 01-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plate flapper

Whats' the point?

Me and my boys came up with two reasons. The more obvious one-if you try and outrun the 5-0 then you flap it up, good to go-no identity (kind of retarded tho)

Then there's the other reason. Leave your plate flapped up then you're sleek as can be.

Plate flappers are more trouble than they're worth. Why all this discussion about them-why not just be like everyone else with your plate and have it stationary? Just a thought.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Default RE: plate flapper

seems like a big-talker mod, something to say "it's for when I'm outrunning the cops" when you're posing in front of your bike at bike-night cruise ins. I truly think the guys who say they outrun the cops consider "outrunning" to be blasting by a cop traveling in the opposite direction 30mph over on a 4 lane highway with a concrete barrier and a convenient exit getaway 1/4 mile up the road..."I totally just smoked the five-oh yo!"

I just put mine under the battery. I drilled 4 holes(two for each side) and zip tied it up and in front of the rear wheel. I have yet to have any problems and it looks 10x better but then again there's just not a ton of cops in my area.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Unless youre in a small town, you're not outrunning the cops. SRT police package chargers are gonna own you. One of my friends got caught by one at 140 in VA

Old 01-10-2009, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Tanknuts

Unless youre in a small town, you're not outrunning the cops. SRT police package chargers are gonna own you. One of my friends got caught by one at 140 in VA
Those cars are badass. There's a blacked out one that's always hiding under this one overpass on the highway...

Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 AM

no point, you can mount your plate sideways on the swing arm anyways, or mount it in some weird obsure location like under the seat in front of the rear wheel. The plate is too small normally for police to see anyways unless they are VERY close. so if you are really going to outrun anyone whats the point?

Old 01-11-2009, 08:31 PM

Just mount it up and under like mine

Old 01-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on where you live, the po-po's are giving tickets for obsured tags. Phat ones in Florida from what I hear too.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM

They can't ticket what they can't catch. lol j/k.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:40 PM

haha

Old 01-12-2009, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

Depending on where you live, the po-po's are giving tickets for obsured tags. Phat ones in Florida from what I hear too.
Yeah its lumped in with all the other new bike tickets. Your tag has to be mounted horizontally and unobscured or its a $2500 ticket. The new law structure is $2500 for the first ticket, $5000 for the second ticket and loss of license for a year, third ticket is $7500 and they revoke your license for 10 years.

They also have the right to take your bike and your motorcycle endorsement on the first stop if you are doing 30 over or they deem your actions as reckless.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: plate flapper