F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pit-Eck Hugger fitment?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pit-Eck Hugger fitment?

Recently purchased a Pit-Eck Hugger (used), i installed on the weekend, problem is its a tight fit? you have to loosen to metal hose clamps to swing arm etc, the edge of the hugger then goes underneath hose (rear brake fluid) i tried to move around etc, but rear tire still rubs?? anyone else w this hugger hows the fit? hope i can some how modify it to clear tire?
thx

Old 03-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Default RE: Pit-Eck Hugger fitment?

i bought a yana-shiki one and it looks like it's not perfect fit, but still it doesn't even have such parts and problems. the install is simple: align against the holes , drill the holes in the hugger and bolt on.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:46 AM

hmm, havent heard of that one, i wanted a hotbodies one, but i was able to get this one for $45, install is fairly easy, align holes w exsisting holes for chain gaurd, then as i said above under the brake hose, ill try and take pics. Ill prob have to put something under to raise it up ie double sided tape etc. I was just hoping to install and walk away, didnt want to deal w this. Someone here must have this hugger?
Hotbodies one looks nicer imo, chain gaurd is longer, wonder if it fits perfectly?

Old 03-19-2008, 06:54 AM

http://www.pit-eck.com/e-shop/produc...6ecf04ef85872c

heres a link to the hugger.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:59 PM

I have a hotbodies hugger and the fitment isnt that great as with any aftermarket piece you got to work with it to get it right...

I finally got mine to fit right without rubbing by adding 2 washers to the backside of the huggers left side rear bolt.....I also drilled the hole down some and you only have maybe 1/8" of plastic left....

The right side I drilled a hole and secured it with the brake hose fitting.

It is solid and the chain doesnt rub anymore. The tire also doesnt rub any but it is maybe about 1/8" away from the hugger...I am afraid that as the tire gets hot and expands it may eventually rub the hugger...

It looks great however!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:43 PM

i would also like to know if anyone got this hugger to fit, picked one up off ebay and tried everything to get it to fit but no-go, finally gave up and its been sittin on my shelf since.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:01 PM

heres a pick of the hotbodies...

[IMG]local://upfiles/22752/E7F9C0077EC5475098DA7979307FBA8C.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22752/970ECFDF443E49378139F62E3BB73E36.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/22752/0F2D5836C04F44D9BDB97F77AA80A04F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-26-2008, 10:12 PM

Hey thx guys for your replies, glad to know im not the only one w this issue. For some reason i was under the impression the "hotbodies" one was a perfect fit? I knew huggers came very close to the tire but damn, thats close , buddy i bought this from said its a close fit, and you can easily see tire marks on the inside, im assuming it makes contact w the tire if you go over bumps etc. I'll hopefully be able to mod it slightly to fit. I'll try and take some pics this weekend. I have a pimpbike undertail, so a huggerwasa logical choice to protect the paint. Personally i like the look of huggers, just my 2 cents

Old 03-27-2008, 03:18 AM

mine will be higher a lot... i'll get pics soon

Old 03-27-2008, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: apkraven

i bought a yana-shiki one and it looks like it's not perfect fit, but still it doesn't even have such parts and problems. the install is simple: align against the holes , drill the holes in the hugger and bolt on.
hmmm havent heard of that particular make, no w Hotbodies and Piteck ones holes are pre drilled, remove oem chain gaurd and align holes, its the other side thats causing problems, ie side w rear brake fluid hose, theres two aluminium clamps you have to remove first, fit the hugger under hose, then re apply clamps, looks like ill have to either use double sided tape (under right side of hugger) this will raise position up slightly, or re drill exsisting holes for chain gaurd side x2.Hope i can get her to fit

Quick Reply: Pit-Eck Hugger fitment?