CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Pit-Eck Carbon Fiber Fairing Stay :/ (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/pit-eck-carbon-fiber-fairing-stay-127291/)

zanorak 06-22-2011 06:41 AM

Pit-Eck Carbon Fiber Fairing Stay :/

Hello all,
I just wanted to drop a short post to let you all know about my Pit-Eck experience.

Reviews were mixed on most sites - but people usually got a part that fit within a few MM. Nothing awful. I decided to pull the trigger on this puppy:

Pit-eck ::: CBR600F4i 2001-2006 Carbon Fiber Upper Stay Bracket

Carbon fiber fairing stay to replace my broken stock stay. It looked cool. It looked sexy. It looked within my price range. The whole 9 yards. I ordered it after seeing comparable parts at $400. Then I waited....

I got a confirmation email but then nothing for 5 days. On day 6 I got a note from the post office (standard ground USPS) and I went to pick it up. That's ok shipping time for me. When I get there - they say I owe them $1.35. So Pit-Eck does NOT own a shipping scale I guess? OK - so now it's 11.35 for shipping NOT 10. Whatever. Total 81.35.Take it home and...

The mounting holes are off by at least a quarter INCH. This thing does not fit at all. I'm ticked. So i think... yeah maybe I can redrill the holes. Well the "ears" that are supposed to bolt to the fairing are off center, or rather the whole part is warped. Twisted to one side by 15 - 30 degrees.

I sent Pit-Eck an email with this information. To date I've sent them three emails and they've replied to NONE of them. If they don't reply to this one I'll have to call them and see if they'll make this right.

Pretty disappointed. I should have bought the stock fairing stay from folks on this board! Live and learn - all that glitters.

Just my experience, take it for what it's worth. If this were a fairing I'm sure it would be ok.

jeffjones 06-22-2011 06:58 AM

I was going to buy a pit-eck hugger for my F4i but when I read reviews it said the fitment was garbage and someone actually burnt a hole through their hugger fromt he rear tire rubbing inside.

Hopefully they aren't like chinese companies where they just tell you to screw off and don't stand behind their product.

Good luck.

zanorak 06-22-2011 12:14 PM

So far no email...

I'll call if I haven't gotten an email by 4 ish.
Thanks!

zanorak 06-22-2011 02:42 PM

Spoke with Pit-Eck on the phone - answered promptly by a man who INSTANTLY offered to replace the part! He only asked that I send him an email listing my request!
This is GREAT customer service! I like them a whole lot more all of the sudden. This could just be a bad part, or could be intended for a different bike, but was mislabeled.
We'll see what the replacement looks like - he said he would mail it TOMORROW.

I'm liking these guys more and more.

Photos to follow, maybe this evening? This does look like an "oops" part.

boredandstroked 06-22-2011 03:54 PM

Perhaps wait until you talk to a company about a problem next time before starting a thread bashing them? Mix ups can and do happen at every level. Now if they refuse to help or send another piece of crap part then by all means bash the sh** out of them :)

zanorak 06-23-2011 10:23 AM

Totally right bored...

To be fair, I had sent them multiple emails and gotten no response - but you're correct I should have exhausted all avenues before posting. If they come through with the new part (no questions asked!) I will be severely impressed and rate them much higher. We will see in 4 or 5 days, since they don't send shipping confirmations I guess?

zanorak 07-12-2011 12:12 PM

Still no love from Pit-Eck everybody. Calling and emailing again.

zanorak 07-13-2011 12:13 PM

They don't answer their phone anymore - and their mailbox is full. Is this a holiday in asia or something?

GLICKGLOCKMEX 07-13-2011 07:48 PM

post pics of the part they sent the first time

blackN_yellowf4i 07-14-2011 07:16 AM

Anyone know anywhere else to get a fairing stay?

I went down and now mine is bent.