CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Pirelli Angel ST Sport Touring Rear Tire (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/pirelli-angel-st-sport-touring-rear-tire-104210/)

lkngood 12-21-2009 02:51 PM

Pirelli Angel ST Sport Touring Rear Tire

Any comments on this tire?

I average about 3,000 miles a year - basic weekend riding - nothing crazy - no track time (yet) and was looking for a good touring rear tire that will last.

My current setup is Metzeler Sportez M-3 and have no complaints at all other then the rear tire is already worned flat in the middle. (Yes - I need to learn to lean more).

I was going to get the same Metzeler tire since the front is still brand new but found this tire (Pirelli Angel ST Sport Touring Rear Tire).

It doesn't matter if I have to different type of tires on the bike does it? I'm by no means riding aggressively to notice any difference - basically - just some weekend fun.

Sick97SS 12-21-2009 03:02 PM

Michelin and Pirelli both have great "tyre finder" features on their websites that help you find the tire that fits you.

The Pirelli Diablo Stradas have great reviews of being a good touring tire with high milage as well as having good "sport" reviews as well.

no personal expierence though. I have Pilot Powers 2CT and LOVE THEM!

ID_CBRRider 12-22-2009 10:42 PM

I have the Pirelli Diablos on my F4i. And while I have gotten some great life out of them, I can't say I'd ever buy them again. They seem to take a bit to really "warm up" and can sometimes feel a little...greasy? I think thats a good word for it. I basically don't trust them as some other tires I've run.
I plan on going to the PP 2ct's for my next tires.

Zero1080 12-23-2009 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by lkngood (Post 867569)
Any comments on this tire?

I average about 3,000 miles a year - basic weekend riding - nothing crazy - no track time (yet) and was looking for a good touring rear tire that will last.

My current setup is Metzeler Sportez M-3 and have no complaints at all other then the rear tire is already worned flat in the middle. (Yes - I need to learn to lean more).

I was going to get the same Metzeler tire since the front is still brand new but found this tire (Pirelli Angel ST Sport Touring Rear Tire).

It doesn't matter if I have to different type of tires on the bike does it? I'm by no means riding aggressively to notice any difference - basically - just some weekend fun.

That was the one thing that really caught my eye. How long have you been riding? Asked any experienced and skilled rider, and see what they tell you about that. "Chicken strips" as they're called, aren't a sign of inexperience or lack or skill. It's purely a choice you make with your motorcycle. If you don't hug every corner, and ride it like you stole it, that's your choice, and one that should be respected by everyone. Don't try and explain to other people why you ride the way you do. :icon_wink:

lkngood 01-04-2010 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 867938)
That was the one thing that really caught my eye. How long have you been riding? Asked any experienced and skilled rider, and see what they tell you about that. "Chicken strips" as they're called, aren't a sign of inexperience or lack or skill. It's purely a choice you make with your motorcycle. If you don't hug every corner, and ride it like you stole it, that's your choice, and one that should be respected by everyone. Don't try and explain to other people why you ride the way you do. :icon_wink:

Appreciate it - I've been riding for 1 year now. No need to impress anyone with my cornering abilities. That's what the Rolex and BMW 335i is for. I just ride my ride and enjoy it.

Love my F4i :)