F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pimpbikes Undertail question (new f4i owner)

Old 05-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Love my undertail on my custom bike from them.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:11 AM

yea i did it there for legal reasons...they will pull you over here if you dont even have plate lights...probably impound the bike if its down near the battery...lol My plate bolts are LED lights..so i got that covered..

its as sleek as legally possible :-D

**first time i wrote this i wrote "sleek" as "sleep"..yep..time for bed

Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 AM

joey_f4i where did you get that tail light? Looks pretty bright in the pics.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by blkmz3
joey_f4i where did you get that tail light? Looks pretty bright in the pics.
i got it off amazon.com from a seller called D2Moto. i believe their direct webpage is D2Moto.com , and yes, the pics dont do the light justice, the intergrated tail~light is very bright and highly visible and looks pretty kool too i have the clear lense installed on mine but they do offer a light smoked. dark smoked, and standard red lens.they ship for about 40-50 bones.ship quick too.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:11 AM

i just want to verify that the D2Moto tail light is stock size and will fit the pimpbikes undertail. also is there anyway to keep the stock fender intact so I can put it back on when I return to stock.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:34 AM

The integrated D2Moto taillight is stock size and will fit the pimpbikes undertail beautifully. No worries bud, it will all come together.

The stock fender however will have to be cut one way or another if you wish to put the pimpbikes undertail on.
So no, there is no way to keep the fender stock and therefore no way to go back to stock, unless of course you buy another stock fender from a junked bike or something similar.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
i bought one from their ebay store. came quickly, great quality. comes primered. I just bought paint at carquest, mixed it and sprayed it..done and done
as for the integrated tail light...check the link in my sig!
What kind of license plate bracket is that? O.o

Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 AM

One called...get some steel pieces out of the junk drawer and weld them together...haha
it took 3 pieces, two arms coming out and one 90 deg.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 AM

I don't know about anyone elses undertail from them. But, mine came in and the part where the tailight rests on was longer than it should have been. Then the right sidewall came back towards the center of the undertail so in the bottom right hand corner there was about a 1/4" gap and it looked terrible. They kept saying to me that "it sounds like the bracket isn't holding it center." When I was setting in there by hand as centered as it could possibly be. I had to leave negative feedback and open a claim with ebay before they took me seriously.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by blkmz3
i just want to verify that the D2Moto tail light is stock size and will fit the pimpbikes undertail. also is there anyway to keep the stock fender intact so I can put it back on when I return to stock.
No, There is no possible way to keep the stock fender intact when adding a "fender eliminator" to your bike. I sent mine back and ordered a OEM fender from servicehonda.com for about the same price. I just hacked it off to below to keyhole, and depending on how you mount you plate you can achieve roughly the same look as the pimpbike undertail.

Last edited by teko1020; 02-22-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pimpbikes Undertail question (new f4i owner)