F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pics & YouTube Video of Bootleg's exhaust & riding

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics & YouTube Video of Bootleg's exhaust & riding

Here's my contribution for now. I originally did a video after the bike was started from cold. Then realized it probably wasn't the best video. So, I ran out and let the bike warm up and did a quick video driving away. I'm currently resizing the video of just the exhaust reving up after a cold start. Once I get it finished rendering I'll post it up on you tube. It has a short section where the camera is on the tachometer while revving so you can see what it sounds like through a good part of the rev range...but I only revved up to about 12,000 rpms since the bike was cold (not even registering a temp yet).

So, here is the video that was actually shot second where the bike is warmed and I drive up the street from my house. I only got it up to about 10,000 rpms because it's such a short drive to the first stop sign. It sounds really mean above 10,000 rpms though. IMO this isTHE PERFECT exhaust for the F4i.When my tank mount comes in I'll get some good lengthy video riding around. As soon as I finish rendering the video I shot first (cold start and just revving the engine) I'll be back and post up a link.

Anyway...here is the video I shot second.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zmf1O-bNvZk

Here is the first video I shot after the bike was started cold. Couldn't rev much above 12,000 since the engine temp wasn't even registering yet. Still a decent video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DDxpqE-3Il8

Here's a few pics of the exhaust. I used the flash for a couple to light up my rim strips.

Name:  P1010474.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  P1010478.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  P1010477.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  45.1 KB

Old 11-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Default RE: My YouTube of Bootleg's exhaust & riding

i love the way that sounds hell you can hear after you take the corner

Old 11-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

It is hard to tell how loud it is, but the tone is nice. Looks great too...nice job.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:19 PM

Hey Chris...how tall are you? Somehow i thought you'd be taller... [sm=smiley36.gif] ...j/k, man. [sm=smiley2.gif]

I bet that's one hot cameraman you got there... [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-03-2007, 03:27 PM

Ok, the first video I shot is now posted under my original post. The bike was cold and not even registering an engine temp yet, so Ididn't want torev much above 12,000 rpms. Got some shots on the tachometer though.

FISHFRYER...it's substantially louder than you might think. It is hard to tell from the video, but I will just tell you that it is much louder than the video makes it sound. I think anyone here who has the exhaust would agree with me. It's a great exhaust at an absolute KILLER price.

JMDaley: Funny John. I'm a short fellow...5'9" with shoes on. The wife's never complained... :-) I thought you would have known how short I am. didn't you ever see my first video on the Hornet a year and a half ago? And yes...Pam was video taping. :-)

John...wouldn't you agree that the videos don't really do justice for the exhaust?

I'm just trying to give people a good idea of what it sounds like. After I threw a temper tantrum about communication from Bootleg (Tom), I feel like it's only right to let everyone know his exhausts are quality pieces. I have actually considered buying a second one from him just in case anything ever happens to this one I'll have another one to replace it with.

Old 11-03-2007, 04:33 PM

WOW i am loving this exhaust and the new tip design, idk if id buy a shorty though, i think id get the nice big full can.

Its 200$ isn't it? My bike has a 2bros exhaust from like a 954 i think haha no clue i bought it that way

Old 11-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

I would strongly agree that the videos do not do the exhaust justice. Great job with the vid, by the way. I installed my shorty with the cannon tip and holy moley it is an aggressive sounding exhaust. Have you had a chance to hear in person the cannon tip? If so, how does it compare to the limited tip?

Old 11-03-2007, 09:15 PM

I haven't heard the cannon tip. My shorty sounds sooooooooo much more agressive in person than in the videos. I'm going to play around with the camera next week and play with the audio some in my authoring software and see if I can get it more true to sound.

The videos are a very good representation, but the sound in real life is just more...aggressive.

I think the vid of me driving away is the better of the two. My wife says she could easily hear me when I got to the end of our subdivision which is quite a ways away from our house. A lot of the local guys that ride were all asking me today where I got the exhaust. They absolutely loved the sound.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

Yeah I have got quite a few comments already myself. I love the sound. I agree when you say it is the perfect exhaust for the F4i. Its just to bad the vid's dont grasp the depth of the sound.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:20 PM

Sorry kinda off topic, but is your undertail kit the hotbodies one, and are the signals integrated? And are they visible enough to where they are pretty safe?

Quick Reply: Pics & YouTube Video of Bootleg's exhaust & riding