F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pics of my new modification

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of my new modification

Whats up V glad to see you got it on I just finished mine it took a little longer cuz of work!

Old 04-21-2007, 05:46 AM

the pipe is so cool, I like the color matched.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: dreadf4i600

Whats up V glad to see you got it on I just finished mine it took a little longer cuz of work!
I decided not to do a write up. I was takimg pictures of each step until about 3/4 of the way through. Then I said screw it...I'm going to blast through it. Glad you got yours done, too. Post up some pics, mijo!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:26 PM

looks good man, i just put one on too a few wks ago. not too hard once you figure out the instructions. lovin the muffler too, i just got a Yosh TRS slip on and put it on 2 days ago. looks great but not as loud as id like it to be. Hows that micron sound?!?!?

Also, can u take some pix of the inside particularly how you have the key latch cable done, I cant seem to get mine to work, I have to peel the seat up from the front when i need to get it up and ive almost broken it a few times i need to figure out how to get the lock to UNLOCK the seat lol. ive tried it different ways and every time the key goes in and turns no prob but it wont unlatch the seat.?!?!? if you could get some pix or let me know how u did it thatd be great !!!!!

Old 04-23-2007, 03:32 AM

That looks great. Thanks for postings the pics. I am getting ready to purchase my 600F4i next week and installing a fender eliminator was the first thing I wanted to do to it. Glad I got to see what it looks like.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 AM

FE looks great.. congratz!

Old 04-23-2007, 10:05 AM

Hey, why is your front fairing a different shade of blue?

j/k does look nice. I love that blue F4i, tail looks much better. I would say
get some different signals before a hugger.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: 06CBRF4i
Hows that micron sound?!?!?

Also, can u take some pix of the inside particularly how you have the key latch cable done, I cant seem to get mine to work, I have to peel the seat up from the front when i need to get it up and ive almost broken it a few times i need to figure out how to get the lock to UNLOCK the seat lol. ive tried it different ways and every time the key goes in and turns no prob but it wont unlatch the seat.?!?!? if you could get some pix or let me know how u did it thatd be great !!!!!
I love the Micron. Here is a list of exhaustclips (check the Micron): http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

You may want to make sure that the "c" clip on the lock mechanism is in the right place. I tried to put it on in the wrong place at first, and the lock assembly wasn't very stable. Also, make sure the plastic "nipple" at the end of the latch cable is securely "snapped" into the metal clip. Everything has to stay in place while you turn the key, or the latch will not release. I'll pm you some picks later tonight.

Hopper-if you have any questions, or can use some of my "during assembly" pics, feel free to pm me at anytime. Since I am coming fresh off the install, I remember all the speedbumps I ran into, and can hopefully set you straight. Youwill be fine, though.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:39 PM

Did you shorten the Micron or did you buy it (used) shortened???

Looks sweet either way!!

And I was gonna say something about the front upper, but looks like everyone else has too...lol
nice job man

Old 04-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: snobrdrdan
Did you shorten the Micron or did you buy it (used) shortened???
Like I tell my wife..." that pipe is full size! "

Quick Reply: Pics of my new modification