CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Performance Parts (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/performance-parts-117483/)

CodyJ28 10-10-2010 12:22 PM

Performance Parts

Right now i got a akra slip on and a power commander.
I am mainly wanting to increase my quickness/acceleration.
Not so much looking to increase top speed...wanna stay away from tempting me to go faster ya know :)
What are some performance enhancements i could do to get this done.
Thanks guys

Kuroshio 10-10-2010 12:35 PM

Easiest will be change the gearing. Change the sprockets, toss in a speedohealer to keep the speedo right.

Next after that will be to get a full exhaust + dyno tuning w/ custom map for the power commander. Slipons just make noise

CodyJ28 10-10-2010 12:40 PM

kinda been thinking about changing the sprokets.
maybe when i get my taxes back i'll sell my slipon and look for a full exhaust.
isn't dyno tuning like 600 bucks?

Kuroshio 10-10-2010 12:43 PM

It's really shop dependant. I've seen some places offering dyno runs for $200 before. But it's not really necessary until you upgrade the exhaust and air intake.

CodyJ28 10-10-2010 12:52 PM

i'm not going to get after market air filter
it's pretty dusty where i live.
heard it's best to keep that stock around here.

sparkman 10-10-2010 07:11 PM

Definitely change the sprockets. Biggest change you'll find for the money. Also, I read a magazine article years ago that compared different modifications on different bikes and showed how they affected performance. On all the bikes except the f4i performance increased with the addition of a K&N air filter, the f4i actually showed a minor decrease. Granted, the amount of change was so minor you'd probably never notice without hooking the bike to a dyno. The main reason to switch to the K&N would be the ability to pull it out, clean it, and put it back, saving you the expense of replacing the filter.

CodyJ28 10-11-2010 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by sparkman (Post 975731)
Definitely change the sprockets. Biggest change you'll find for the money. Also, I read a magazine article years ago that compared different modifications on different bikes and showed how they affected performance. On all the bikes except the f4i performance increased with the addition of a K&N air filter, the f4i actually showed a minor decrease. Granted, the amount of change was so minor you'd probably never notice without hooking the bike to a dyno. The main reason to switch to the K&N would be the ability to pull it out, clean it, and put it back, saving you the expense of replacing the filter.

thanks for the input. see another sprocket topic up so im gonna join in on that one. prolly wont worry about a filter since its pretty dusty where i live.

crashking 10-11-2010 09:08 AM

im curious where do you live that is sooo dusty??

CodyJ28 10-11-2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by crashking (Post 975931)
im curious where do you live that is sooo dusty??

central oregon

Zero1080 10-11-2010 01:58 PM

OP, I just think it's comical you said you want to accelerate faster, but want to stay away from the "need for speed". (I however, feel the same way)

But sprockets are the best way to do it within reason.

You could just sell your f4i and go with a 1000. That's an option.