F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

For the people who are finiancing

Old 06-05-2006, 04:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the people who are finiancing

How does it work if you had your bike for a few months and want to upgrade to like a new 1000 rr? I have the new F4i. Does anyone know if they will take the trade in and upgrade you?

Old 06-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Default RE: For the people who are finiancing

Yea Dealer prolly would give you "blue book" on it but with it being a few months your going to take a pretty good hit on it... I think it drops like a grand the minute you sign the papers to take possesion .. could be wrong on the amount but think its right around there. You're probably better slapping a for sale sign on it locally and trying to get the payoff amount out of it and then financing the 1kRR

Old 06-05-2006, 12:50 PM

how long have you been riding for? you just got the bike and you already want to upgrade? sounds a little hasty. i'd sit on the 600 for a while before you jumped to the 1000. at least a season.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:07 PM

Umm. Did you buy the bike or borrow it?

If you bought it, to get a new bike you have to sell it first. This means either placing an ad in the paper, or trading it in.
Either way, you're gonna lose a ton of money on the 2006.

Sounds like you're a new rider, so +1 on paintedblue's comment above.

BTW, this is the biggest oxymoron I've ever seen --> www.myspace.com/agrownman
Sorry.. just had to comment on that.. lol!

Old 06-05-2006, 02:16 PM

If i were you i would sell the bike locally and take the money and pay off the loan. Like people have said, the money you make on the sale will not be enough to pay off the entire loan so you will need to use some of your own money. The buyer will defenitely require you to pay off the loan ASAP, so he can get the title. From what i understand, when you finance a bike you dont get the title until after you pay it off? Once you get it you need to give it to the buyer.

I think this is how it works, i'm not sure, though, because i have always bought/sold used from people who have title in hand. You may get people who will hesistate to buy your bike without title in hand.

I have a buddy who bought a bike from a guy who didnt have the title, the guy promised to pay off the loan with the sale money, but never did. It ended with a messy court case and my friend didnt get the title in his name for a full year and he couldnt ride it legally until he had it (you need the title to get your plates).

Old 06-07-2006, 02:51 PM

Don't be to hasty to upgrade so soon. Since I had a small strech selling cars for awhile I can tell you KBB is a dream and no one will give you that amount, it's only a reference. Dealers go with what's called blackbook or depending on mood what they want. But you can trade almost anything you want if the dealer can sell it later. Be prepared to take a big hit.