F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

people suck...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default people suck...

I was in downtown silver spring MD, I parked my bike. At the curb. Backed in, kickstand down (of course) REAR WHEEL TO THE CURB... I put my Xena bike alarm on my front rotor, it'll go off on the slightest nudge.

I walk away.. I got to my class. I come out 2 hours later...

I go to my bike and I see this:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/IMG_2094.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...r/IMG_2096.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m130/smakawhat/Car_Park_knockover/IMG_2097.jpg

so the CAR that was in front of me at SOME POINT!! BACKED UP and KNOCKED MY BIKE OVER SO HARD that IT LANDED ON THE CURB.. RASHING ITand BREAKING MY REAR COWL!!

Now of COURSE do I have any idea who did this?? NO... (aside from the fact it was the JERK OFF who was PARKED in front of me) do they leave a note.... NO.. and it wasn't a group of kids who did this... the bike was pushed over on it's kickstand side and got on TOP of the curb!!

My alarm EASILY went off and they bolted!

I am so... I am at a loss for words right now. can you believe this ****? [:@]

Luckily in downtown Silver Spring there are always plenty of cops, I hung around for 5-10 minutes and sure enough one drove by and I flagged her down. I said well I have no witnesses and I know the car in front of me knocked this over but I don't know who is responsible so I guess you can't do anything to which she said.. yeah you are right.

I am calling my insurance I don't know if they can do anything but without question this was a hit and run. I easily have a $1000 dollars in broken plastics/rash on the bike alone... I didn't think of filing a report with the officer but I called the station just now cause it just might come in handy, I must call and get the officer to be fresh in their minds so that insurance can do something about it. I have a bad feeling the answer is going to be no even though I have full coverage. I'll let you know.

What gets me is just the irresponsibility of this.. I can't believe people pull this **** off.. I am not mad just INCREDIBLY disappointed.

It's just not f'ing worth it. I bought a brand new, BRAND NEW 2006 NINJA 500 and didn't put a SCRATCH ON IT... NOTHING... and now only 1200-1500 miles of owning this used 2005 CBR f4i (which was PRISTINE) I get this crap....

I had people coming up to me when I was walking around looking for the police. I of course stood out cause I am dressed head to foot in total gear.

My girl must have been down for a LONG time too.... some how girl... we'll get through this together... we'll fix you..
gear. Everyone was just like god dam dude is that your bike back there??? The people parked behind me pulled up and said the saw my bike lying there and they felt REALLY bad... I had a lot of people comforting me...

somehow girl we'll get through this... we'll fix you....

Old 07-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: people suck...

wow! im sorry to hear that! people can be ********. i was in Target a few weeks ago w/ my g/f and out of the blue one of the employees comes up to me and says "excuse me, what color is you're bike?"......i just about **** myself and told her the color, she said "oh". i got to that door QUICK to look out and see if it was on its side or something, luckly no.......she was just curious.

who do you have insurance w/? i cant see why they wouldnt cover it as a "hit and run", especially since you have full coverage. i think you'll be aight.

by the way, do you LIVE in silver spring? i live in Calvert County MD. i dont see many MD riders on here.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:41 PM

That is f*cked up man. I truly hate to see this, good luck on the repairs.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 PM

no I live in DC. This actually happened Monday so I am getting this taken care of, things are in the works, what sucks is that the place that is going to do the estimate is full till maybe Monday.. so I won't be able to bring it in till then.

This is gonna take forever, I am just not riding now and it just SUCKS.. god I hate taking the metro to work, and today is ride to work day, and I was planning up to ride to the beach in 2 weeks... dang...

Insurance is working on it, and it is considered hit and run under what's that called.... uninsured motorist section....

Old 07-18-2007, 03:47 PM

sucks that you're w/o it but atleast its getting taken care of properly and w/o your pocket involved.

i live about an hour or so from DC.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:25 PM

i live in DC to..

that sucks man. I worry about that **** every time I park my bike.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:44 PM

in the long run its gonna be cheaper to fix yourself than to make a claim and let your insurance take care of it. been there with my 00' r6.insurance companies don't care about anything but making huge profits. your better off not having anything on your insurance record. the insurance company will find some kind of way to stick it to you bro. its pretty sad we paytons in premiumsbut when we file a small claim we get penalized.[:@]

Old 07-18-2007, 04:52 PM

a quick thread jack for those in MD.....https://cbrforum.com/m_328952/tm.htm

Old 07-18-2007, 04:55 PM

linky no worky, jaynd

Old 07-18-2007, 04:57 PM

[:@]oh well. it worked for me.