F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

pc map

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pc map

A 9 HP gain is approximately a 10% gain for an F4i.
That is bolt on horsepower; no machine work; no engine tear-down.
And that torque increase is just as impressive.

I just have a stock F4i but I'm considering a PC for just those reasons.
(I'd also like to smooth out the off-idle throttle response....)

Hopefully those numbers are typical of F4i's in general and it isn't that "TheX" has an especially responsive bike. Does anybody else have similar dyno results?

Let's see... maybe I could tell my wife that I'll get more miles per gallon and the PC will eventually pay for itself... ya think?

Old 02-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine's an RR but it should be about the same.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:21 PM

oops,blew right by the fact that you've got anRR
sorry.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:15 AM

ORIGINAL: jjkukla

OH, and my install was a BITCH! Had to remove the tank to get at the connector and to be able to route that donkey-dick of a wire to the underside of my passenger seat. In the process the vent tube from my tank popped off and I got a little fuel running down the side of my bike. Oh and I lost another small piece on the backside of the tank grommet... had to place an order for that.

Other than that it was a lot of fun [:'(]
I also have a TRS, K&N and PCIII and the map I got was the same map as you Joe.

Funny, I hadexactly the same problem as you installing the PCIII. Let us know if you hear more on our combination.

Houman

Old 02-08-2007, 05:27 PM

Well as you can expect - nothing ona map for our particular arrangement. I called DynoJet and all they said was "If you want to get everything out of it that you can, you'll need a custom map." Which I cannot disagree with...

So as soon as I can scrum up $300 then I'm good to go!! I think that won't be til next year - after all, the bike will be paid for by then and I'll have the extra dough... I hope!

Old 02-08-2007, 09:32 PM

Igot a D&D slip-on and K&N air filter, Dynojet doesnt have a map for it soI just tried a couple tillI found the one that seems to work best,I also had to lean it out a bit . As far as install goes I didn't have any problems, couldn't have been easier actually. I didn't have to take the tank off, I just pulled the wire harness out to the side and connected the PCIII. Then, ran the PCIII thru the fram to sub-fame. It took about 15 minutes total.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:30 AM

Just an update! I e-mailed the tech's at dynojet and they said to use the map for the micron slip-on, they said it should be pretty close. It sucks that it will be awhile before I will be able to try it out, freaken winter!