F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Passanger pegs with blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Passengers legs/feet will cover the LEDs on the pegs? Maybe I'll do some on the pegs and undertail.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:39 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I find it very unlikely that, with the LEDs mounted where I have mine, they'd be covered up by the passenger's feet or clothing, unless your passenger sits with their feet at odd angles.

I used individually pre-wired LEDs for my install, as linked. I did not use a board or any form of mounting surface. What I did was I bundled them together using zip ties and heat shrink as best as I could, and then pressure-fitted them into the drilled holes (the LED's metal +/- leads add some stiffness that help hold the LEDs in). After some minor adjustments and getting everything fitted in as best as possible, I filled in the peg with silicone.

I'd be willing to do it as a service for a reasonable fee (cost of lights, materials, shipping and time, naturally). You'd just have to be willing to part with your passenger pegs for a couple weeks.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aken
I find it very unlikely that, with the LEDs mounted where I have mine, they'd be covered up by the passenger's feet or clothing, unless your passenger sits with their feet at odd angles.

I used individually pre-wired LEDs for my install, as linked. I did not use a board or any form of mounting surface. What I did was I bundled them together using zip ties and heat shrink as best as I could, and then pressure-fitted them into the drilled holes (the LED's metal +/- leads add some stiffness that help hold the LEDs in). After some minor adjustments and getting everything fitted in as best as possible, I filled in the peg with silicone.

I'd be willing to do it as a service for a reasonable fee (cost of lights, materials, shipping and time, naturally). You'd just have to be willing to part with your passenger pegs for a couple weeks.
+1 basically what I did except I didnt use prewired LEDs, soldered each LED by hand lol. I bought the LEDs and resistors in bulk off ebay.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:45 PM

Hey!!! I just did that pegs turn signals!!! But i put 25 leds on each peg, it didnt end as perfect as i wanted to be but it looks hell bright!!! Maybe ill post a how - to....andif you want i can tell you step by step how to do it...

Cheers....

Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 AM

How in the hell did you get 25 LEDs in each peg?!?! Theyve got to look like the vegas strip everytime you turn them on.....you have gotta post pics

Old 11-02-2010, 08:09 AM

Have you had a passenger on since drilling 25 holes into each peg? I'd be afraid of weakening the peg too much for somebody to step up on it.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ragnar1x
Have you had a passenger on since drilling 25 holes into each peg? I'd be afraid of weakening the peg too much for somebody to step up on it.
Actually i did, i did that mod on last saturday and on sunday my wife and i went to a trip about 130 kms away from home and it's all ok.

Btw i didnt drill 25 holes, i just make a huge hole and i've putted all the 25 leds side by side. Like i told you, ill make a how to.

Guys, I have to tell you that the results wasn't as perfect as i expected to be cause some leds are aiming to a different place than the rest of the leds, about the light its perfect but if you see the pegs too close it looks a little bad but im thinking re-doing them later.....

Old 11-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to see pix of 25 LEDs in the pass pegs

Old 11-03-2010, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by John Cu
Actually i did, i did that mod on last saturday and on sunday my wife and i went to a trip about 130 kms away from home and it's all ok.

Btw i didnt drill 25 holes, i just make a huge hole and i've putted all the 25 leds side by side. Like i told you, ill make a how to.

Guys, I have to tell you that the results wasn't as perfect as i expected to be cause some leds are aiming to a different place than the rest of the leds, about the light its perfect but if you see the pegs too close it looks a little bad but im thinking re-doing them later.....
If you redo it, i would use individual holes for each led and use less...as ragnar said, cutting that much material out for your pegs can seriously reduce its ability to support any weight. With the holes, leds have a little flange on the back edge, this is probably why they are pointing in crazy directions, it doesnt allow them to butt up against each other nicely. As long as your individual holes are drilled straight, the LEDs will be straight.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by madtaz10665
If you redo it, i would use individual holes for each led and use less...as ragnar said, cutting that much material out for your pegs can seriously reduce its ability to support any weight. With the holes, leds have a little flange on the back edge, this is probably why they are pointing in crazy directions, it doesnt allow them to butt up against each other nicely. As long as your individual holes are drilled straight, the LEDs will be straight.
Too late for that, i trimmed almost the hole side of the peg, let me get to my work and ill put the pics....

Quick Reply: Passanger pegs with blinkers