F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

P. Roads vs. P. Powers

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P. Roads vs. P. Powers

i got the orginal dunlops that came from factory so im not sure what tire life is but to hear 7000 doesnt sound bad why are you dissappointed in the pr's

Old 06-21-2007, 03:02 PM

i got the pr's and i love them. gonna get the pr2's next. great grip and with 2,600miles still looking fresh

Old 06-21-2007, 03:27 PM

There is a recall on French made Pilot Powersand its only the front tire. There are 2 DOT numbers that are part of the recall but I don't know them off hand...a www.google.com search will help yah. Supposedly they are replacing these right now for free including the price to mount and balance...i'd search on it. I'm sure its not a big deal because the article stated that it was not a "defect" but that they were made incorrectly according to Michelin's standards.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for all the input fellas! but yeah, putting my PP next to my PR (which is ON the bike) theres a enormous difference in the peak of the tire in the center. the PP is SO much steeper. i cant wait to see how much it dips into the turns. and i have no input on how good or how bad the PR's are, since this is my first bike......and the only tires i've been on. i'll have more to say once i ride the PP's though, then i can compare the two.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:28 PM

the profile difference's most noticeable effect will be the speed at which the bike leans over. the more aggressive the profile, the faster the bike wants to turn in. at first it'll be a little scary, but eventually you'll love it.

Old 06-21-2007, 06:35 PM

the recall is only on the 2CT's front tire.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: charlos

at first it'll be a little scary, but eventually you'll love it.
haha great. i was just getting comfortable leaning on the PR's.......

Old 06-21-2007, 08:47 PM

I'm excited to get my PP's! I still have the stock dunlops at 10k. The rear is a bit flat in the middle from all the highway riding. I've got 1/2" on the left and 3/4" on the right for strips. I wonder why that is that one side is bigger than the other, someone else said the same thing too. Anyway my parents are buying the new tires for me but I just can't see replacing these tires that still seem to have so much rubber on them, almost seems like a waste to me. =( I'm still super psyched to get the PP on my bike though. Maybe next weekend.

Wow do the dealers by you guys NOT offer discounts on tires? When I bought my bike my parts salesman told me right away "when you need tires come back and see me because I'll match ANY price you find online." Well he doesn't work there anymore but at another dealership I'm getting my front for $110 and rear for $150 then $15 a tire to mount and balance. If I didn't buy the tires from them it would be $60 a tire! So I'm actually saving money by NOT buying online. I'd ask at your dealers if they'll match prices I'm sure they want to take your money. =)

Mike

Old 06-21-2007, 09:35 PM

about the two different size chicken strips.....i know w/ ME i feel more comfortable in a left hand turn than i do in a right hand turn for some reason. and a friend of mine that rides said the same thing.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:12 PM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Wow do the dealers by you guys NOT offer discounts on tires? When I bought my bike my parts salesman told me right away "when you need tires come back and see me because I'll match ANY price you find online." Well he doesn't work there anymore but at another dealership I'm getting my front for $110 and rear for $150 then $15 a tire to mount and balance. If I didn't buy the tires from them it would be $60 a tire! So I'm actually saving money by NOT buying online. I'd ask at your dealers if they'll match prices I'm sure they want to take your money. =)

Mike
damn, the closest dealer around here (like 40 miles away), charges 85 for a front and 95 for a rear and if you buy from them its 50% off the install. i dont know if they do any deals and ill never find out because i wont be going back there anytime soon.

and with the chicken strips, its prolly because you take one direction a lilharderthan the other.

Quick Reply: P. Roads vs. P. Powers