F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

P. Roads vs. P. Powers

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default P. Roads vs. P. Powers

i bought my bike w/ a set of PR's and i am soon to be in need of new tires. i purchased a set of PP's and got them on tuesday. i dont plan on throwing them on until i've gotten all the rubber off my PR's. But my question is this.........has anyone gone from the PR's to the PP's and noticed a HUGE difference? im just curious as im just begining to get comfortable in the turns and leaning the bike more. i've gotten my chicken strips on the left side down to an inch, and the right side down to 1 1/4". but i was reading that the high center on the PP's makes it really want to dip into the turns. and i do notice that there's a big difference in how high the center of the tire is on the PR's and the PP's.

so anyways, im just curious if i'll notice a great difference in the turns w/ the higher centered PP? cant wait to try'em out but it wont be for another month or so.

thanks in advance.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P. Roads vs. P. Powers

You'll notice a difference. When i put my first set on it really caught me off gaurd because I got so much more feedback from the front tire. You'll love them, it will boost your confidence in the corners to really get rid of the chicken strips. Do a fat burnout and mount those PP's.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:05 PM

how much do they run?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Retired Moderator

I got mine PP's from hardracing.com. They had the best deal that I found, and shipping was about $25. Here's a link:

Hard racing PP link

Old 06-21-2007, 01:29 PM

thx for the info but i see people were talking about chicken strips??? What are those and do i need to monitor that i have only been riding for a year and a couple months but bike has only seen 6-8 months of actuall riding time with 2600 miles should i be looking at the chickenstrips before i buy new tires?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:31 PM

sportbiketrackgear.com has some great deals on tires.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Retired Moderator

From the urban dictionary...

chicken strips:
The strips of unscathed rubber on the outer edges of a motorcycle tire caused by the rider being too "chicken" to lean the motorcycle all the way to the edge. Used as a measurement of a rider's skill in most cases.

"Clearly my riding skills have improved. My chicken strips are almost gone."

No big deal on the "chicken strips" especially if you do a lot of city riding, or if you are new to riding. Hell, some of the trackies on this forum will say that you ride better through the turns with proper body position and less lean. Food for though.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:40 PM

basically the side lip of the tire that looks basically like road hasnt or barley touched it...I have to go check mind but living in dc metro area you cant really get into corners cause cagers like to stop or pull out in front of you with the quickeness. I'll look up recommended tire changes to since im getting close to 3000 and not sure if bike tires are like cars can go for 40000+ since i always hear on here people changing tires at 5000-10000 but that may be the way they ride.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:56 PM

Got my PP's scuffing the edge lol =X

Old 06-21-2007, 01:56 PM

I'm running Pilot Roads right now and I'm really disappointed with them.. I can't wait to put PP's on, but those damn PR's last forever, I have almost 7k miles on them and they still look fairly new.

Quick Reply: P. Roads vs. P. Powers