CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Ororo's first start of 2012 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/ororos-first-start-2012-a-137082/)

Kuroshio 04-20-2012 09:00 PM

Ororo's first start of 2012

With Yolie at Cross Country BMW awaiting major surgery (cracked frame in low side), I need to ride. My F4i was blocked in the driveway by 3 dead trucks, a car and a forklift. The guy that owns the crap been dodging me for months and today got sick of it.

Me and another guy went back there, pushed her where we could and then picked up the rear to make the impossible turns. Got her to a place where I could work on her, popped in a new battery and....

She started like I just got off her yesterday :) Gotta bleed the brakes, clean the chain and clean up the rotors. Hopefully will get that all done tomorrow :)

Man, she feels feather-light compared to the BMW for some reason :p

chambers 04-20-2012 11:08 PM

Good to see the honda getting some love, what was estimate on the damage on Yolie?

96shox 04-21-2012 01:54 AM

you cracked the frame on a s1000r??? how bad was the crash?!

Kuroshio 04-21-2012 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by chambers (Post 1152096)
Good to see the honda getting some love, what was estimate on the damage on Yolie?

Estimate is at $7,000 right now. Dunno how much more till they remove the engine and start checking. Prolly not anymore tho

Originally Posted by 96shox (Post 1152126)
you cracked the frame on a s1000r??? how bad was the crash?!

My personal opinion, it was minor. Except the part where she slid over the curb an on the sidewalk. Frame cracked at the slider mount. Given the slider was bent 90 deg by the curb, guess its understandable

chambers 04-21-2012 12:33 PM

Wow, that is unfortunate. What kind of sliders were they? I wonder if it had been one piece derlin it may have just broke off and saved the frame? I hope your insurance doesn't shoot up too much.

Kuroshio 04-21-2012 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by chambers (Post 1152219)
Wow, that is unfortunate. What kind of sliders were they? I wonder if it had been one piece derlin it may have just broke off and saved the frame? I hope your insurance doesn't shoot up too much.

The slider is made by SW-Motech

Attachment 39250

Not exactly a piece of junk. The puck is replaceable and she'd prolly kept sliding if not fo the curb.

Bled the brakes and cleaned / waxed the chain. Took Ororo to the gas station to fill up and heat the chain. Man, she feels completely different from Yolie. Feels like I could pick her up and throw her. Brakes are softer (Yo can see the size of Yolie's Bembros). And she's much quieter. First direct comparison I've had

chambers 04-21-2012 04:32 PM

I wasn't trying to say they were cheap, but really the cheaper one's that are essentially the one piece derlin would most likely break off if they collided or got hung up. I've got woodcraft sliders on my f4i w/ the replaceable pucks, but the one piece one's on there when I got it did their job well when I went down.

Looking at the wet weights on wiki there only seems to be 20 lbs. between the two, does it turn in easier or feel better balanced than Yolie?

96shox 04-21-2012 10:41 PM

where the weight is positioned makes a huge difference, even between 2 bikes that weigh the same. The lower down the weight is, the lighter it feel in between your legs