CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Opionions wanted / upgrading (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/opionions-wanted-upgrading-129639/)

MICHAELxMLB 08-14-2011 10:08 PM

Opionions wanted / upgrading

I'm lookin to get rid of my '02 F4i and upgrade, somewhat. I'm on a tight budget but i got offered $2700 cash in hand for my bike and i found a '03 600RR on craigslist.

Does any think that this is worth it?

2003 Honda CBR 600RR

Aken 08-14-2011 11:20 PM

That's not really much of an upgrade. If you want to get something newer and better, get an 05+ 600RR.

MICHAELxMLB 08-14-2011 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 1090131)
That's not really much of an upgrade. If you want to get something newer and better, get an 05+ 600RR.

thats the thing. i dont have enough money for a newer bike. i tried for a '09 GSXR and got denied.

but do you think that with all the upgrades and the mileage and stuff on it that it's worth the $3000 or no?

justing66 08-15-2011 02:15 AM

"62 tooth rear sprocket, under tail turn singles, flush mount turns in front, full Power stunt works cage, not installed is a 12 oclock bar but comes with the bike. Stunt rode the bike for a little over 3 mounths only in parking lots. Engine was never damaged due to the cage."

Thats the part to be careful about.

Aken 08-15-2011 06:37 AM

It's not a bad price for a stunt bike, but I would only get it if you want a stunt bike.

Upgrade and tight budget don't really go together. I say upgrade your F4i otherwise wait and save.

supersnake83 08-15-2011 08:30 AM

I second most of the above.

The 03 RR is not that much of an upgrade.

What are you looking for in terms of an upgrade?

A faster bike? An up to date looking bike? A late model bike?

Better to sell your F4i and save the cash, then purchase what you want at a later date, unless you are crazy about riding all of the time.

However, with only about 3 months left in the riding season up here in the NE USA, I would take that cash offer and save until you can purchase what you really want.

Depending on the condition of your bike, mileage, and upgrades, that is not too bad of an offer.

jeffjones 08-15-2011 09:59 AM

Do the animals on the seats come with the bike?

Kuroshio 08-15-2011 10:46 AM

"Engine never damaged due to cage"

Seriously, he's all but telling you the # of times its been down. But its been down multiple you can bet.

So add probable shock damage that will appear later + probable hacked harness and components (airbox oil pan etc) + new chain & sprockets. Still sound like a deal?

Kuroshio 08-15-2011 10:48 AM

Oh ya, a year from now you'll be back on here saying it pops out of 1st and asking what to do.

Aken 08-16-2011 05:22 AM

You guys would be surprised how well stunt bikes hold up, especially F4i's. I've never heard any of my stunter friends complaining about their transmissions popping out of gear and such. About the most damage they incur, aside from the obvious aesthetic stuff, is fork seals / forks needing rebuilt eventually, and tearing up sprockets and chains. Proper preventative and regular maintenance does a lot, even for an "abused" bike like that.