CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Opinion on Aftermarket Fairing Sellers (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/opinion-aftermarket-fairing-sellers-108308/)

ali7up 04-04-2010 02:55 PM

Opinion on Aftermarket Fairing Sellers

Im in need of a new fairing set. I was going to order from Delkevic but their frame sliders holes are not where they should be. What other sellers have you guys bought fairings from. I know one option is aucmarts, but any particular ebay sellers you guys have good experience with? Im going for the repsol or seven star fairing. Any pics? thanks

mnazary 04-05-2010 12:00 AM

I have one of those kits on my F4i. Save your money. I laid the bike down and it caused minor damage that can only be fixed by replacing the whole fairing. The problem with these kits is you have to rebuy the entire fairing kit just to replace one bad one. I am just gonna paint my bike, if something were to happen I would only need to repaint it or just buy any fairing and paint it.

RunwayOneSix 04-05-2010 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by mnazary (Post 902561)
I have one of those kits on my F4i. Save your money. I laid the bike down and it caused minor damage that can only be fixed by replacing the whole fairing. The problem with these kits is you have to rebuy the entire fairing kit just to replace one bad one. I am just gonna paint my bike, if something were to happen I would only need to repaint it or just buy any fairing and paint it.

Not true, you can buy the pieces separately. Just search on Ebay for separate pieces or just msg the seller and they'll quote you a price incl shipping.

I recommend Bliss-star, shipping was relatively fast and the quality is pretty decent.

ali7up 04-05-2010 10:58 AM

i would buy separate pieces, but i need to replace 4 pieces, so it would be cheap just to replace the entire fairing. I'll check out Bliss-star.

ali7up 04-06-2010 10:42 AM

bliss-star seems to have the same orices as everyone else in china, how is their fitment?

RunwayOneSix 04-06-2010 11:09 AM

The fitment was actually pretty decent. I didn't have to get creative to get it to fit. I asked a ton of questions before I handed over my money and they assured no-fitment problems whatsoever....and as surprised as I am writing this...there really was no fitment issues.

CodyJ28 04-06-2010 03:49 PM

they got some pretty cool fairings on ebay. i might think about these later on down the road.

prowheelie92 04-06-2010 04:11 PM

The ebay ones seem pretty good just make sure with the seller that it will be a perfect fit

mnazary 04-06-2010 07:43 PM

Been reading good things about Auctamart or whatever. Supposedly have perfect fit and high quality tabs.

vangill 04-06-2010 09:19 PM

post pics when u get them on!!!