F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Ok HELP! Reinstalled water pump but now won't start... vid inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok HELP! Reinstalled water pump but now won't start... vid inside

Ok, you might remember from a few threads ago, stripped the water pump drain bolt while trying to flush coolant. Fast forward to today, got the new water pump installed and refilled the radiator with coolant, but when I go to start it, it doesn't start, just keeps firing... see this
video.

I'm not sure what happened, is the fuel pump supposed to prime every time you put it into the ignition position? I'm not sure if that's the problem...

here's a video of me putting into the ignition position (but not starting yet):

here's a pic of the new water pump installed... that idle toggle, does that have anything to do with it??

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Old 07-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, figured it out, I needed the upper cowl (headlight) to be connected before the fuel pump works, read in another thread...

Couple questions though, how do I know the coolant system is bled properly? I let it run without the rad cap, snapped it 2-3 times then put the cap back on.. then ran it normally till the radiator fan came on.. is that ok?

Secondly, I forgot how the siphon hose ran up to the radiator filler hole part before, is it ok if it's touching the radiator like this: