F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

oil light/pressure test issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil light/pressure test issue

so, coming down hard-ish from a wheelie the other day, the oil light comes on and blinks, now i was about a half mile from a gas station so i kept going, stopped and looked for leaks and found nothing. checked oil level and it was good, so i turned it back on and got no lights. i turned around and headed back to the house, after about 2 or 3 miles it came back on flashing, then went back out after about 20 seconds and never came back on, decided to make the 30min trip to work so i wouldnt be late and made it with no more light. after work i made it almost home with no light when my bright self wheelied again to see if itd come back on and sure enough it did. kept riding and it went back out, went into a fairly low lean when it came back on, then went off again a bit later. now my issue is to figure out whats going on. i took out the test port plug and tried to find an adaptor for my oil pressure gauge...which aparently doesnt exist. so on to blindly going at it. im hoping its the high pressure relief valve that has no retainer to it and fell out, but im wondering if anyone else has had this happen before i tear into it.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:42 PM

Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available - Stunt Bike Forum

^^ That might be helpful, sounds like you're starving your engine!

Old 06-24-2011, 01:59 PM

that thread is nothing but stunters going back and fourth being stupid. i have never gotten near 12oclock nor do i want to. and im just learning to do standups, i think the longest ive kept it up wa slike 5-7 seconds, shouldnt have starved it but i could be wrong. thanks for the link tho ill keep it in mind if i cant find anything wrong

Old 06-24-2011, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by itlnF4I
that thread is nothing but stunters going back and fourth being stupid. i have never gotten near 12oclock nor do i want to. and im just learning to do standups, i think the longest ive kept it up wa slike 5-7 seconds, shouldnt have starved it but i could be wrong. thanks for the link tho ill keep it in mind if i cant find anything wrong

Hahaha, yeah I just looked at the first post and it sounded like it was close to your scenario. But the rest of the thread is useless lol. Best of luck!

Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 AM

im almost positive its coolant in the oil. i may have had the o-ring or bore dirty when i put the water pump back in. i have a sample in a glass sitting to see if it separates. will post a pic later