F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

NuB....Need help with exhausts....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NuB....Need help with exhausts....

Im sure you've all heard these ?'s b4 but im learning slowing. I am looking for an exhaust for my 06 CBR F4i. I dont want a full one just a slip on. I've found these brands D&D, Muzzy & Yoshimura with slip ons for the price i am willing to spend, no more than $350. However, which brands do most people prefer and why? I personally like the Yoshimura's only b/c I have seen them on alot of bikes around where i like. Also they come with the O2 bung for the sensor! Which one is better/whats the diff between the RS3 and the TRS?? Anyways, any/all help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Old 06-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Default RE: NuB....Need help with exhausts....

I have the Yoshimura TRS slip on and I love it. The RS3 is an Oval can and the TRS is the tri oval can.Here are some pictures

Old 06-19-2006, 10:11 PM

They are all going to give you roughly the same performance gain.

You need to select canister shape: Round, large oval, small oval
You need to select canister material: Al (polished or sometimes anodize in different colors), Ti, carbon fiber (sometimes in differnt colors)
You need to select mounting options: High or Standard (High mount option might require removal of rear foot pegs)

Usually, the pipe will sound the same with any combination of the above selections. They use the same 'core', the canister is just cosmetics.

If your bike has an O2 sensor, you need to make sure your new midpipe will support it. You have the option of not using the O2 sensor and getting an O2 sensor eliminator. But I wouldn't recommend it.

Sound clips:
http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

The D&D pipe will probably be the loudest pipe you could select. I had a Yoshi pipe and it sounded great. Currently I have a 2Brothers pipe. It is louder and deeper than the yoshi, but not deafening. I've never heard a Muzzy pipe. If your serious about the D&D, do a search in this forum and read what others have said. I've seen a couple threads where people thought they were too loud.

Old 06-19-2006, 10:58 PM

well i dont particularly like the tri oval design. Im not to keen on the oval design in general. I'd prefer a round one. But I guess an oval one would give the bike a bit of a different than stock look. I just want the standard mounting location and I'd more than likely pick a stainless steel one b/c the other metals/materials cost more and i'm looking for the cheapest. That and I like shiny.

Also when i look for parts alot of the CBRF4i yrs go from 01-05 is an 06 the same as those too?? or did they change stuff?

Old 06-20-2006, 02:08 AM

I am not an expert, but I don't think Honda changed anything from '05 to '06 except the color. I bought a left over '05 F4i a few months ago and am trying to decide on new exhaust myself. Ithink i have decided on a Two Brothers M-2 stainless. It has a magnesium tip which is angled. Go to there web site and check it out, it's really cool looking. It isn't listed for the F4i but a dealer said they could order it for $379. Eeryone i have talked to about D&D pipes all say they are obnoxsiously loud. I hope I helped.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:33 AM

01 to 06 exhaust will all fit. my recomendation would be FMF. its less than your price range and sound awesome. they come in couple color but the aluminum is the standard looks really clean. thats what i would go for. if not check out jardine, they are really nice also.

but do yourself a favor, no matter what you get do not get a D+D. they are too loud and very annoying. ive actually stopped riding with guys who had them cause they are that bad. yosh are nice but everyone and thier mom has them, muzzy is a little to old school for me it reminds me of 1992 for some reason.

some other nice pipes to look at are micron and akrapovic (very pricey though).

Old 06-20-2006, 02:57 AM

My buddy has a Triumph Daytona w/a Jardine pipe and it sounds great.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:19 PM

Ok,,,, Does anyone know of what brands offer the piping with the O2 bung to mount the stock O2 sensors. I have read a few bad things about using the O2 eliminators and to try and avoid it. So I want to get a slip on that has the space for the O2 already in it. I mean I could drill a hole and weld an O2 bung in the new pipe myself if i had too, but i'd rather not..... Thanks for the help!!

Old 06-30-2006, 02:02 PM

Just get an '05 California model.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:03 PM

Well having just upgraded my exhaust, I can tell you that Two Brothers support the O2 sensor. I can also tell you that Micron does not. I wanted the Micron high mount exhaust because it retains the rear passenger pegs and they have 2 tone anodizing, but they do not offer the O2 sensor mount.

Quick Reply: NuB....Need help with exhausts....