F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

noob + wheelies = will i die?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob + wheelies = will i die?

Ok so maybe I'm being a little extreme with die but I just got my bike maybe 2 weeks ago. I've got 270miles on it and I'd like to start trying wheelies. I've ridin friends bikes before so I know for the most part how to just plain old ride but that's not why we buy bikes is it? lol So anyway I found this video on the stand up wheelie forum the power wheelie is that the best way to start I guess? Any suggestions for a noob? Am I gonna trash my brand new 06 f4i? lol Any adivce will be much appreciated!
Thanks
Mike

Old 06-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Default RE: noob + wheelies = will i die?

i hear ya man. ive only put 400 miles on my bike (even tho its a 97), im nervous to bring it up. i have yet to bring it up. i think i may hold off on that as i like my bike unscratched and not messed up from the occasional oops that can come with wheelies. everyone says to find a dirt bike and practice on. thats not an option for me. i have access only to my bike. i say go to a church parking lot (empty of course) and practice there. just make sure you are wearing your gear. and from what ive read, you can use the rear brake or let off the throttle to bring it down if you get scared from bringing it up to high.

good luck man, and be safe.

dave

Old 06-25-2006, 05:58 PM

why dont you buy a bike you dont care about f*cking up??? lol cuz you will crash.......... you could buy a cage, but youll still mess up something if you crash. also, go out and get full body armor , youll be glad you did. otherwise .....[sm=kissykissy.gif] your butt goodbye [8D]

Old 06-25-2006, 06:17 PM

Yea I've got a nice Shoei helmet and a nice protective cortech jacket and a pair of gloves I wear when I'm riding on faster roads. I'm so afraid to trash my bike but I want to start having some fun. lol Life sucks

Old 06-25-2006, 06:20 PM

learn to ride, ride to learn, then act like an idiot...you are too new to be trying anything like a wheelie. stay on the two wheels for a few more months, then try small steps after you learn how to ride your bike. nobody is perfect from only 240 miles.

Old 06-25-2006, 06:22 PM

whoops, 400 miles, my bad...dont know what i was thinking...that is still no riding experience

Old 06-25-2006, 06:26 PM

Here, watch this. I would advise against trying sooo soon as they are hard on everything, even if you know what you're doing, they just arent healthy for a bike. But, you're gonna try anyway regardless of what a bunch of people on the internet say so, watch this video, it explains baby steps.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6&q=motorcycle

Old 06-25-2006, 07:05 PM

incredible how stupid people are[sm=chairshot.gif]. some idiot tryed to do a wheelie here locally a few weeks ago fell off and got run over by two cars

Old 06-25-2006, 07:32 PM

your a ****ing idiot, you have an 06 cbr, put 400 miles on it, and now you want to wheelie.... to have fun??? if your not having fun when your riding (not wheeling) then you just wasted all your money on the bike, just give it to someone else that will appreciate it.

as mentioned learn to ride first then worry about doing other ****.

Old 06-25-2006, 07:40 PM

Riding is fun too but I just get jealous because all my friends show off and I dont want to look like an idiot that sucks and can't do anything. =( Heck a few days I've just gone out by myself just around town and out in the country a little (country roads here SUCK all cracked up and bumpy) just to ride. I guess its the ego thing. lol

Mike

Quick Reply: noob + wheelies = will i die?