F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Noob Question, F4i vs RR

Old 06-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob Question, F4i vs RR

Ok, I just got back from vacation, still shopping for a bike. I realized a question that I have... What is the difference between the RR and F4i?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:49 PM

RR is a bit faster, upgraded F4I. Think of it as the next step above.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:55 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Slightly faster (newer 600RRs are a lot faster), more aggressive riding position, body styling obviously, things like better suspension, swing arm, etc.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RR is closer to the race bikes. The F4i isn't as aggressive. The later model F4is, with the banana seat, even have a less aggressive riding posture. Slightly easier on the body for longer hauls or daily commuting. Think of the F4i as a step above a sport tourer and below the RR as tanrush said

Old 06-09-2010, 11:37 PM

I just did the local canyon run on my buddy's 600RR. I'm used to my f4i. My f4i with lower clipons, and the rear raised 5mm feels very similar to my friend's 600RR. With stock f4i bars, and stock rear height, it is way more sluggish in the corners and you have to work harder to get it to turn. My f4i feels faster (Pipe, tune) then his stock tuned 2004 600RR (slip on too, but stock ecu tune) for some reason.

They are pretty similar, except as others have said the 600RR has a better suspension design and a much more aggressive seat position. I strongly suggest you ride both and figure out what you'll be using it for. If you do over 50% aggressive riding (like myself) and can live with the stance, I think you'll be happier on a 600RR. If you just use the bike for cruising and aren't dragging knee every weekend then the F4i will be much more comfortable. That's not saying the F4i can't lean, but at it's stock height, it doesn't dive into corners as easy as the 600RR.

Hope that helps

Old 06-10-2010, 12:06 PM

Man..after reading the title to this post I thought people would be representing the F4i a bit better….

The F4i is a great bike..solid everything…you cant go wrong with 01-06 although the later years had a banana seat which IMO is downright hideous! I also do not care for the silver frame as opposed to the prior years black. The F4i is an even better bike if you’re a beginner like me. Most beginners cry to daddy to buy them the latest and greatest super duper colorful RR or ninja then end up dropping it or crashing it within the first few months…damn shame..learn to ride first on a less aggressive stanced and less expensive bike then you wont feel as bad when you drop a it!

I read and read and read before deciding on the F4i…I too had some great deals on RR’s in my territory. The dicisive factor for me was that I was reading post upon post about guys who had BOTH (An RR and an F4i) and the consensus was that the owners liked their RR’s but LOVED their F4i’s…post after post I would read that if they had one bike to keep it would be the F4i over the RR..Hope this helps!

Old 06-10-2010, 01:00 PM

Yeah, I agree inoober, I have been preferring F4i in my searches, but like you, have found RR's for GREAT prices...

Its funny, my insurance company did the numbers for me, and the F4i is the exact same as the RR, and its only $179 per year! (Thats the State minimum coverage, I think I'll be adding quite a bit more to that.)

I'm excited, I'm going to begin my MSF today! I've found several F4i's around here, and I agree, I prefer the black frame, and hate the banana seat... : \

Found a 2006 (Yellow) F4i for $4000, and a 2001 F4i (Flat Black) for $2700 (Thats their asking prices)

Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 PM

This may seem pretty vein, but I do like the looks of the RR a lot better... do the parts bolt right up from an RR to an F4i? Like fairings etc?

I know it would probably end up costing a lot more than just buying an RR, but I still haven't bought the bike yet, so nothing is set in stone.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:22 PM

No that stuff will not bolt up. That's like trying to put an Evo 8/9 hood onto a regular lancer. Completely different.

F4i is a better starting/learner bike IMO. All depends how comfortable you are on a bike.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by honda_s2k_racing
Its funny, my insurance company did the numbers for me, and the F4i is the exact same as the RR, and its only $179 per year! (Thats the State minimum coverage, I think I'll be adding quite a bit more to that.)
Man I have no at fault accidents / no tickets / over 1 year of ownership and continued coverage / taken a MSF class and I still pay $211 a year for state mins through progressive.

Bastard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noob Question, F4i vs RR