F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

noob help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: noob help?

You should'nt worry about it, if you put too much oil in it, like 4 quarts, then you will be blowing alot of black smoke out of the back pipe.

Old 05-25-2006, 03:36 AM

eteller, in race cars a windage tray is bolted into the oil pan at a level which keeps the oil from splashing up onto the crank. in addition they also use a crank scraper to (obviously) scrape the oil off the crank so it doesn't spin it off like taffy. does running high speeds low on oil for 500 straight miles sound like a good idea to you? ***.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:05 AM

eteller, in race cars a windage tray is bolted into the oil pan at a level which keeps the oil from splashing up onto the crank. in addition they also use a crank scraper to (obviously) scrape the oil off the crank so it doesn't spin it off like taffy. does running high speeds low on oil for 500 straight miles sound like a good idea to you? ***.
NOT NECESSARILY! Depends upon the class. Ever hear of showroom stock or speedvision cup, retard!

Old 05-25-2006, 05:45 PM

it's called highly functioning develpomentaly disabled. now as for showroom stock or speedvision cup, pretty much all you do to the car is tires and a muffler. and they still run the car at normal oil capacity. checkmate!!! ***.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ninetyfivehp

thanks, how much oil does it take to go from the bottom of the sight glass to the top when the bike is standing vertical like you're checking the oil? thanks a million.
also, does anyone know where the oil pickup is located and how low in the sump. i like to do the occational wheelie and don't want to spin a main bearing. thanks F4i gurus
[/quote]

anyone know? i'd like to stunt the bike a little and would like some piece of mind that 3.5 quarts of oil will keep the pick-up submerged when doin wheelies, etc....

Old 05-25-2006, 05:51 PM

Wrong, I raced both classes very sucessfully, everyone in showroom stock runs the oil low, every extra pony helps, and yes we got several seasons out of motor with no oil related failures. You're out of you're league here jr.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:33 PM

thanks, how much oil does it take to go from the bottom of the sight glass to the top when the bike is standing vertical like you're checking the oil? thanks a million.
also, does anyone know where the oil pickup is located and how low in the sump. i like to do the occational wheelie and don't want to spin a main bearing. thanks F4i gurus
[/quote]

anyone know? i'd like to stunt the bike a little and would like some piece of mind that 3.5 quarts of oil will keep the pick-up submerged when doin wheelies, etc....

Old 05-25-2006, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: eteller

Wrong, I raced both classes very sucessfully, everyone in showroom stock runs the oil low, every extra pony helps, and yes we got several seasons out of motor with no oil related failures. You're out of you're league here jr.
HEY! No one besides you two cares about car racing on this particular forum! Have a fight somewhere else.......unless you have something to help the noob answer his question.

Old 05-25-2006, 08:14 PM

not a total noob. have had four streetbikes previous. this is my first honda and hope she's a keeper. [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 05-25-2006, 08:20 PM

thanks for your patience with the noob and thanks for all the replies[sm=icon_cheers.gif] if you have anymore F4i thoughts post em up. if someone can get to my previous questions about the sight glass and location of the oil pick-up i'd be thankfull as h#ll[sm=hail.gif]

Quick Reply: noob help?