F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

No fuel pump prime

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2024, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No fuel pump prime

Hey everyone, my fuel pump does not prime, my high beams do not work but my low beams do, the engine cranks. If I jump the 20 amp fuse coming off of the positive on the battery I get the FI symbol come up and stay solid. I have bypassed the BAS sensor. I ordered new relays and the harness is newer and okay condition. the nose harness is new from partzilla. I have done some testing but for the sake of the forms lets pretend have not. I don't have a ton of knowledge on bikes but I used to work on a BMW which sucked. I believe its a lose wire, relay, or ECM. I have zero clue how to test any of these. Any help is much appreciated. I have been looking at forms and trying to figure this out for well over 2 months.

Old 07-07-2024, 01:41 PM
Welcome crew
Received 356 Likes on 332 Posts

Welcome to the forum, do a search for dannoxyz, he has produced a step by step fault finding guide. Follow this guide and you will get to the bottom of it.
You must have the nose harness fitted or the bike will not start.

Old 07-07-2024, 08:43 PM
Received 432 Likes on 391 Posts

This started with bike that was working perfectly fine. With only problem being low-beam light not working. Most likely just blown fuse, burnt-out bulb, or broken headlight wiring in start-button.

Unfortunately, extreme hacks were done to repair low-beam: replacing headlights, bulbs, and headlight harness which broke EFI functions. These headlight hacks damaged BAS circuits which disabled ECU and fuel-pump priming. Further hacks and bypasses to force power into fuel-pump damaged ECU. So even with replacement harness, it’s worse than ever. Beyond original lack of fuel-pump prime, there’s now permanent FI light, most likely from fried ECU. Can’t confirm that for sure until used replacement harness is completely tested.

I’ve taken down my guide because I don’t want it to be mis-used to break bike even further. OP has not demonstrated proper use of multimetre for basic measuring and testing. This poor bike would be best served taken to Honda dealership where pro-mechanic using Honda factory service manuals can fix it properly in less than 15-minutes.

https://www.600rr.net/threads/no-fuel-pump-prime.591712

Old 07-08-2024, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so originally the bike was not working and was not priming, so i bought a parts bike with the wiring super messed up and it got the fuel pump to prime but neither lights were working. but now as you have seen the lights are working with no fuel pump prime. please see the latest pics I've uploaded to the link you have shared. please describe how i have not used the multimeter correctly? I cannot go to a dealership